2012 / 13/14.....Dukedog?

M.I.B

• RMweb Premium

So nearly 2 years since I started this post, the title really was correct after all.

I look forward to seeing it in the flesh when I get Home in March.  50 months since I ordered it!

(Then I'll be asking how to take the DCC chip out, and asking who wants to buy it!!)

G  W  R insignia and green were standard livery after the war on unlined locos. Maybe a Dukedog never got repainted....who knows....but it would have happened if one was painted in the three years between 1945 and 1948.

I've seen a GW green loco advertised and priced this morning but the BR black variants are pre-sold and out of stock.

Edited by coachmann

• RMweb Gold

Just had a call from Kernow MRC to say my GWR version is in the post. Just in time to change the couplings, a spot of weathering and get it run in ready for Much Murkle's next outing at Newbury Exhibition on the 8th February. Yippee!!

• Like 1

G  W  R insignia and green were standard livery after the war on unlined locos. Maybe a Dukedog never got repainted....who knows....but it would have happened if one was painted in the three years between 1945 and 1948.

I've seen a GW green loco advertised and priced this morning but the BR black variants are pre-sold and out of stock.

As  posted  above  Arcadia  has  stock  of  all three variants   as  of  1-30PM today :no:   well actually 1  less than  he  had!!!

http://www.warwickshirerailways.com/gwr/gwrsa1495.htm

This would appear to be an elusive wartime photograph that shows a Dukedog in green 'GWR' livery, It could well be black, but the boiler shade is slightly lighter than the smokebox, so I'd say green. What does everyone else think; is Bachmann's choice of GWR livery credible, given this photograph? 

You may well be right. I am very happy to be corrected and note that the 90xx number series and GWR is far more likely to occurred. The original proposal of 32xx and GWR was almost a non starter, but maybe there is another photo out there to prove me wrong. I would actually be interested, if anyone knows of one, pls let us know.

At the end of the day, the reviews show the Bachmann model to be a cracker and I look forward to receiving mine.

Rich

Popped in to Antics on the way home to put one on order for my Dad, to find that they'd arrived (in the warehouse anyway).

No photos 'cos I'm not picking it up until Friday- they are offering the GWR one without chip for a little less, if you ask them nicely :)

Edited by brianthesnail96

Hi 

Had an email from Hatton's my Dukedog is in the post, but i am a little bit worried as it is being sent by Yodel!

I did ask when i ordered the model to be sent by royal mail, so i do not understand why this was changed to yodel?.

The other thing is i work night,So i will be asleep during the day,My local postman knows this and leaves any post that will not go through my letter box in a lock box in my porch 

So now i am worried that i will not hear him/her if they ring my doorbell and i can not even find a depot anywhere near me!

And i hope it turns up ok after seeing this! https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=10&cad=rja&ved=0CHgQtwIwCQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DPIC91yPMJtA&ei=DG_XUr7dL6en0AXrj4DwDQ&usg=AFQjCNEAk0sqhxe1D0oeHU85TW23TsEa5Q&bvm=bv.59568121,d.d2k

This is a copy of my order to Hatton's stating deliver instructions i gave them;Delivery Type: Royal Mail Tracked 2 day, So i do not understand why it was changed to Yodel?.

Darren

Edited by darren01

• RMweb Gold

Hi 

Had an email from Hatton's my Dukedog is in the post, but i am a little bit worried as it is being sent by Yodel!

I did ask when i ordered the model to be sent by royal mail, so i do not understand why this was changed to yodel?.

The other thing is i work night,So i will be asleep during the day,My local postman knows this and leaves any post that will not go through my letter box in a lock box in my porch 

So now i am worried that i will not hear him/her if they ring my doorbell and i can not even find a depot anywhere near me!

And i hope it turns up ok after seeing this! https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=10&cad=rja&ved=0CHgQtwIwCQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DPIC91yPMJtA&ei=DG_XUr7dL6en0AXrj4DwDQ&usg=AFQjCNEAk0sqhxe1D0oeHU85TW23TsEa5Q&bvm=bv.59568121,d.d2k

This is a copy of my order to Hatton's stating deliver instructions i gave them;Delivery Type: Royal Mail Tracked 2 day, So i do not understand why it was changed to Yodel?.

Darren

I had one delivery switched to Yodel a while back but it seems to have been an isolated slip-up and all I have had since have been RM as requested. 

John

• RMweb Gold

Hi 

Darren

My employer's uniform supplier use Yodel, some of the stories of where things have been left are funny (if not very worrying) and the less said about using the doorbells the better ;)

• RMweb Gold

In a secluded corner of The Gricers Arms, in Combe Hay, a couple of well-to-do gents are sitting conspiratorially over their respective halves of bitter.

'I say, Ivo, I never thought that thing would fit through Combe Down Tunnel, what with those outside rods flailing around like that'..

'Hush, Norman, we've got to keep this to ourselves for now, don't want that Riley fellow muscling in on the act!'

'But what if he passes by and sees the Bentley parked up outside?' bleated Norman

'Don't worry, he's not about today, I sent him an anonymous postcard from Welshpool last week, which had a photograph of a Beyer Garratt on the front, he'll be chasing that thing around the Cambrian all week, if I'm not mistaken!'

'But the Garratt is being trialled over the Dorset on Friday!' exclaimed Norman

'Yes, rather a jolly wheeze, don't you think!' replied Ivo, 'Anyway, where would you like to get your next shot of that Dukedog? There's a good view from the fields opposite Midford Castle'.

'No, that's no good', replied Norman, ' that diagram works back to Bristol TM via Camerton. Let's try that road bridge near Engine Wood'.

'Fair enough then. And what about next weekend? Do you fancy a trip to Devon to see how the Blue Pullman gets on over the Devon Banks? My second cousin Martha Finching-Harbottle has offered to put us up in Glazebrook Manor'...

• RMweb Gold

I had one delivery switched to Yodel a while back but it seems to have been an isolated slip-up and all I have had since have been RM as requested. 

John

That has also happened to me in the not too distant past.They sometimes have a whimsical choice of delivery carrier.....similar to Amazon,really.

I picked up my Dukedog this morning from my local retailer. In response to the request for some pictures, here are mine of the opening. Please excuse the poor quality, I took them on my phone as I havent had chance to get the SLR out yet.

The packaging:

post-5182-0-23618800-1389874906_thumb.jpg

post-5182-0-17550800-1389874911_thumb.jpg

post-5182-0-34075500-1389874915_thumb.jpg

post-5182-0-29316100-1389874919_thumb.jpg

post-5182-0-76798000-1389874923_thumb.jpg

For comparison purposes, the Dukedog is lined up next to the Collett goods:

post-5182-0-82420300-1389874931_thumb.jpg

post-5182-0-50731600-1389874939_thumb.jpg

Classic Cambrian company wth a Manor and 2251:

post-5182-0-86662200-1389874935_thumb.jpg

post-5182-0-16457000-1389874928_thumb.jpg