EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Gold

Not sure if we've mentioned this one before from our old friend.  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/360618516021?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_sacat%3D0%26_nkw%3D360618516021%26_rdc%3D1

The price is fine and with free postage, but surely a 'Bachmann .... mint boxed' model should at least be in a Bachmann box...

I will be surprised if either 96701 or Olddudders will get an answer from the seller but how is this for a guess?

"It is Mint and, and it is in a box. Just did not say it was the original box."

I will be surprised if either 96701 or Olddudders will get an answer from the seller but how is this for a guess?

"It is Mint and, and it is in a box. Just did not say it was the original box."

It might even come in a box that used to contain mints.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
What challenge is that?

How far can we throw it?

Will it burn if covered in petrol?

Will it support the weight of an elephant? etc. etc.

Keith

• Like 6

"If i wuz thee zur, Oi wouldn't start from 'eer!"

Apart from the treacly paint, not too bad for once, but.... (Why are slide bars and piston rods always rusty???)

(Pity it's one of Tri-ang's poorer models...)

Edited by Il Grifone

• RMweb Gold

He's got a red A4 with valances and 'cycling lions' too ?????????? (with rather vital components missing).

Edited by Il Grifone

• RMweb Gold

My 1961/2 edition says you're right. But when these were named, I think India and Pakistan may have been one place, so Empire of India covered all. Since ruby murray became the fave British nosh, Pakistan, where I believe many nosh-house proprietors originated, is obviously considered to deserve a mench! 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

My 1961/2 edition says you're right. But when these were named, I think India and Pakistan may have been one place, so Empire of India covered all. Since ruby murray became the fave British nosh, Pakistan, where I believe many nosh-house proprietors originated, is obviously considered to deserve a mench! 

In my 1948 edition (the facsimile - too young for the real thing!) it is indeed there as Dominion of Pakistan, but by 1953 it's Guillemot.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

In my 1948 edition (the facsimile - too young for the real thing!) it is indeed there as Dominion of Pakistan, but by 1953 it's Guillemot.

According to the info I have it started as Guillemot, BR renamed it probably in 1948, and it returned to being Guillemot later on.

Keith

• Like 1