EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Gold

Blimey.  High Level make nice kits but 195 quid?! For that money you could buy enough tools to build in etched brass, some wagon kits to practice on and build your own Armstrong Whitworth shunter.

But not enough money to buy the skill and ability to actually put your theory into practice.

A very good price.

Mike.

And in fact it isn't even a train :O  :jester:

The listing seems to be correct now. An Ex GWR ROD 2-8-0.

But not enough money to buy the skill and ability to actually put your theory into practice.

A very good price.

Mike.

The starting price was £0.99, so the finishing price is due to "market forces", not a "mad" seller price...

It's a what the fook,

what the fook was it built for,

how the fook do you get into the middle bit

and why the fook is he trying to sell it.

The bogies may be OK?

Edited by ozzyo

I like the quote:

"I will only sell items which, to the best of my knowledge, are in working order and which have been lifted directly from the tracks. Some of these trains are old!.

This Locomotive is not working"
  • Like 4

A very good price.

Mike.

Provided of course that the original maker possessed them also, which is difficult to determine based on the photos...

A bit of a punt at that kind of price in my view, but each to their own. 

Paul A.  

Lima being Italian, I would assume this is one of the commonest versions of this common wagon*. I bought a stock for a few thousand lire each back in the eighties (2000 lire is about a euro). Must check if I have this one though most have had the ventilators modified so that the shutter looks like it could actually slide outside the wagon.

*It was available in various liveries, including BR?!

He's got this other Lima rarity (not) too.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CARRO-CISTERNA-4-ASSI-SHELL-SHELLLGAS-LIMA-SCALA-HO-ANNI-70-/271240961242?pt=Modellismo_Dinamico&hash=item3f27389cda

Edited by Il Grifone

"Box is excellent with some wear & price graffitti" (sic). Since when has 'excellent' allowed wear and graffiti??

otherwise, as always, grossly overpriced.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I also wonder whether the appendage on the tender inhibits use on tight curves by binding with the loco cab. Fine if you build the thing to suit your layout, not so good secondhand.

• Like 1

I also wonder whether the appendage on the tender inhibits use on tight curves by binding with the loco cab. Fine if you build the thing to suit your layout, not so good secondhand.

I suspect that a tender appendage inhibits many things :D.

• RMweb Gold

'Runs OK on Code 3 track'  :locomotive:

"Box is excellent with some wear & price graffitti" (sic). Since when has 'excellent' allowed wear and graffiti??

otherwise, as always, grossly overpriced.

And he's been trying to sell it for over a year at that price, was, IIRC even dearer before that.

Dave.

• RMweb Gold

And he's been trying to sell it for over a year at that price, was, IIRC even dearer before that.

Dave.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GAIETY-MODELS-GWR-0-6-0-PT-PANNIER-BODY-RARE-VN-MIB-/271209406822?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item3f25572166  :D

Must be over eight years now. Listing fees must surely have overtaken the price by now!

I am reliably informed by a regular live auction attendee who sometimes comes up against him and Mr 'tude who outbid ordinary mortals, sometimes with very high bids and consequently sell on at their ludicrous prices. Obviously this business model must work, but why,oh why do folks pay such daft prices before shopping around? Occasionally they do offer some 'gems' in mint condition.....but.......

Edited by Re6/6

• RMweb Gold

Free listing weekend so your starter for 10 is this one from the 'They Shoot Horses Don't They?' category.  Apparently it would look good in a scrape yard.  Would look better in a skip IMHO

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Heavily-Weathered-00-Guage-Old-Disused-Railway-Coach-Graham-Farish-Carriage-/221259916866?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item33841e6642

ps there's a link on the ebay page to 10 more pics if you haven't seen enough!

Edited by Metr0Land

• RMweb Gold