EBay madness

Marcyg

There seems to be a few people on ebay buying engines then spliting them up into parts to sell separate, I just saw a Lima class 47, 50, deltic and possibly a 33 all from the same seller

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=141248050529

Is the 47 body

They do sell better that way, but I'm not sure it's worth all the hassle.

• RMweb Premium

So has this heap of sh** from Gosturd...and look at the price on that bit of misrepresentation....

What, exactly is a "kit built....detailing kit"???!?

Hmm, and am I being rather too traditional in my interpretation of the description mib in the title and MINT BOXED (sic) in the text?

• Like 2

So has this heap of sh** from Gosturd...and look at the price on that bit of misrepresentation....

What, exactly is a "kit built....detailing kit"???!?

How can that piece of cr@p* be described as "mint" and "excellent"? :O :no: :nono:

* Apologies for language, but I can't think how else to describe it!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

At least gossy hasn't started putting sentimental claptrap in the product description, but if it helps to sell things, no doubt he will.

Mike.

• Like 1

Just spotted this loco built by a "professional model maker":

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/00-GAUGE-KIT-BUILT-L-N-E-R-J210-6-0-N0-800-/321375014370?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item4ad3718de2#ht_839wt_1190

If this "Professional model maker" built this Nucast kit for me, I wouldn't pay him.

1) LNER no 800 was a saturated loco all its life, the model has the extended smokebox of superheated locos

2) LNER no 800 was a Westinghouse brake loco, with vacuum ejector added later, I can't see either the Westinghouse pump or the vacuum pipe.

3) The chimney has bare spaces where the black paint has missed. There is no primer showing underneath, so it was a single black coat.

4) One of the tender axle retainers has been fixed crookedly

5) Black paint is partly over the treads of the tender wheels.

Who would want a loco like that in their collection? I only have one J21, and could do with another, but it won't be this one.

Thane of Fife

And it's 'KIT BUILT' - not even your common or garden 'kit built'...

:O

It amazes me how people describe something as kit built, when it is a RTR item. Even with detailing and/or alteration, it still does not make the item kit built.

That's Gosturde for you though.

It amazes me how people describe something as kit built, when it is a RTR item. Even with detailing and/or alteration, it still does not make the item kit built.

That's Gosturde for you though.

Indeed.

eBay aren't interested in sellers 'word bombing' in efforts to try & get more 'hits' from the search facility either, it would seem. Even though, in the eyes of the law, it's surely misrepresentation at best?

Just spotted this loco built by a "professional model maker":

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/00-GAUGE-KIT-BUILT-L-N-E-R-J210-6-0-N0-800-/321375014370?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item4ad3718de2#ht_839wt_1190

If this "Professional model maker" built this Nucast kit for me, I wouldn't pay him.

1) LNER no 800 was a saturated loco all its life, the model has the extended smokebox of superheated locos

2) LNER no 800 was a Westinghouse brake loco, with vacuum ejector added later, I can't see either the Westinghouse pump or the vacuum pipe.

3) The chimney has bare spaces where the black paint has missed. There is no primer showing underneath, so it was a single black coat.

4) One of the tender axle retainers has been fixed crookedly

5) Black paint is partly over the treads of the tender wheels.

Who would want a loco like that in their collection? I only have one J21, and could do with another, but it won't be this one.

Thane of Fife

UNUSED SINCE COMPLETED.

RAN EXCEPTIONALLY WELL WHEN TESTED

• Like 1