EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Premium

Yep, can't work out why it was that much. I would say that's at least 4 times what it was worth given the condition.

Here's a seller with an honest description of the object. The dome looks indeed a wee bit tall and thin. I wonder how Gostude would have approached a sale of this engine?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KIT-BUILT-ASPINALL-4-4-0-LOCO-in-L-Y-Black-Livery-/291138302969?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item43c931f3f9

I've bought things from this  seller and have no complaints at all.

Shows that the seller has ended the sale as item no longer available? But then there is this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-DUBLO-3-RAIL-MODEL-No-32010-32011-LNER-TEAK-MATCHING-COACH-SET/301174905683?_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D22472%26meid%3D6682459658390989297%26pid%3D100011%26prg%3D9725%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D10%26sd%3D400689659799

So has he actually reduced the price or did he have two of these , extremely rare, you would not find another, items?

Keith

"Just simple stunning."

I saw 3-rail coaches at a fiver each at a boot sale this morning...

That would be about right! True Cartmel's are in very good condition, but for that price I'd expect the loco, track and box as well.

They're not exactly the rarest Dublo items - even for these the full 3rd is rarer than the 1st/3rd (and don't forget the articulated pair).

(As a model they are actually not as bad as they seem - the prototypes are steel coaches with the 'faux' panelling on the short underframe.)

(Grammatical pedant mode: I suppose 'roof's' is better than 'rooves', or perhaps not.  :scratchhead:  Exit grammatical pedant mode.)

Edited by Il Grifone

• RMweb Premium

I think Colas has become the latest trendy must have livery in the wake of DRS (not helped by being largely restricted to Ebay Carpet Bagger friendly limited editions rather than standard issue models) and of course anything yellow with a Network Rail logo on it...

• RMweb Gold

• RMweb Premium

I was expecting to see a cattle truck!

I spotted this one too - he's got others with 0 gauge wagons as well - the correct items normally go for around £10 (these are the common short version, not the uncommon 'Super-detail' type) and this Esso tank wagon (I had a couple a long time ago) for about the same.

Does "detail- out body" mean 'without detail' as in 'lithograph'?

• RMweb Gold

The persistent use of the phrase 'kit built' by this man amounts to mis-description of his wares. That description implies that it has been built from a kit.  When described as such they are invariably mere 'repaints' however well done, so should be described as such..

Should this not be a matter for eBay policy?

Edited by Re6/6

"All are re-painted to a good standard and have internal lighting. Three of the coaches have working lights and the remainder will need some fettling to get the lights working again."

That'll be the other one then. And, the 12 wheeler is not repainted.

Have you seen what he expects for his Tri-ang TT stuff?  Brand new it is. When were they last produced ? About 1967 ?

Edited by JZ

The persistent use of the phrase 'kit built' by this man amounts to mis-description of his wares. That description implies that it has been built from a kit.  When described as such they are invariably mere 'repaints' however well done, so should be described as such..

Should this not be a matter for eBay policy?

eBay are simply not interested in anything other than their fees.

Were he selling firearms or narcotics, and describing those as kitbuilt, I doubt eBay would lift a finger.

Eff me ........ I bet the winner of that doesn't give a monkey's left gonad about Bachmann's 20%'ish rise ??????? The person who bagged that bargain has an eye for collectable items at a great price....!!!!

Weird this one has three identities Ship, Euston station Station and "PLAYCRAFT BOXED MODEL GOODS TRAIN SET"

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll

And, as always, overpriced. They are very collectable, but......

There was one of these for a couple of quid at boot sale recently (obviously rather more beat up and without a box).

Edited by Il Grifone

• RMweb Premium

Has anyone ever asked Mr G Stude if he actually knows what "kit built" means?  Maybe someone should send him a link to a good online dictionary...

• Like 2