EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Gold

I thought that was what transfers were for!

Ah... but then they wouldn't be 'original' and 'collectable' :P

What have I missed in this pile of tat that makes it worth £26 (+ £5 carriage)? I would have thought around a tenner at the outside, seeing the condition they're in (as correctly described by the seller, who started the lot off at 99p).

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item27e345f6d0

Thanks for pointing this one out David. I've got a similar lot (or more) that I might put up now! New toys to pay for....!

• RMweb Premium

The bidding is a bit strange on this lot ,why would you keep putting more bids in , when no else has placed a bid?.

Here is a selection of bids:

post-6208-0-28297500-1399818490.jpg

Looks like he's bidding against autobids.

Keith

Ah... but then they wouldn't be 'original' and 'collectable' :P

Thanks for pointing this one out David. I've got a similar lot (or more) that I might put up now! New toys to pay for....!

It would be an 'extremely rare', 'one off' code 3! :)

If you've got some Dublo to unload, you might be interested in this one:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Spare-Hornby-Dublo-N2-Front-Coupling-/141277545793?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item20e4cc4541

It's just a coupling. OK, it's sought after, but the screw slot is damaged, the spring is bent and it appears to have received the attention of a paint brush and you can get the whole locomotive for less...

(The asset strippers spare part dealers will sell you one for considerably less.)

Edited by Il Grifone

• RMweb Gold

If you've got some Dublo to unload, you might be interested in this one:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Spare-Hornby-Dublo-N2-Front-Coupling-/141277545793?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item20e4cc4541

It's just a coupling. OK, it's sought after, but the screw slot is damaged, the spring is bent and it appears to have received the attention of a paint brush and you can get the whole locomotive for less...

(The asset strippers spare part dealers will sell you one for considerably less.)

Perhaps I should dismantle all of it and make more money!..... :P

....or to case the joint.

I would be doubly upset if this bloke burgled my house.  Not so much because my small but lovingly assembled collection of models would be gone but because of the horrible things he would do to them!

This is what gets me.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dapol-4F-051-011-PAIR-OF-SR-5-PLANK-WAGONS-27369-BRAND-NEW-/321378956410?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item4ad3adb47a

Two Dapol wagons for £23.50 when to buy the same wagons new would be £18.90...

And yes, I know people do buy this stuff. Gostude has 100% positive ratings...

It never ceases to amaze me! Not so much that he (and his acolytes) charge these prices, but that, apparently, they find suck customers for their wares.

To be fair his price for the Dapol wagons does include postage.

• RMweb Gold

For what its worth my enjoyment of model railways is in using a photo program to enhance pictures of models, having serious multiple injuries, wheelchair-bound and with only one hand working, and I have for a long time endured the 'it's not real modelling' reaction. But I didn't realise my pictures were so unwelcome.

Rob,

They are definitely not, I am sure that many like me really enjoy them, keep posting!!, incidentally, I have been given a book "Railroads of New Zealand" by David Leitch which is a little outside my sphere of interest, if you're interested PM me and I'll send it to you, I'm just over the ditch in South Australia.

Rgds.....Mike