EBay madness

Marcyg

Everyone know that the only authentic sound for a Triang Princess is made by a strip of metal intermittently rubbing on sandpaper as the rear tender axle revolves!

As used on the R.258 LMS Maroon Princess Elizabeth, and certain versions of the 1974 (Last use of the tooling) "Mail Order" and Main Catalogue R.050 Black Princess Victoria, and the "Mail Order" R.053 Green Princess Victoria. (There was also meant to be a maroon "Mail Order" Princess Victoria...)

R.050 Princess Victoria...

gallery_12119_3162_127818.jpg

gallery_12119_3162_61674.jpg

gallery_12119_3162_120757.jpg

A C1953 Train Set Box Lid Photo.

This has Plunger Pick up locos, but also a Roller Pick Up loco is in this photo!

gallery_12119_3162_17400.jpeg

There are rather a lot of versions of the Princess...not including the Australia and New Zealand versions... :)

Edited by Sarahagain
  • Like 1

Possibly because they have an awful lot of bits and bobs that you used to be able to get at a local model shop?  I've used them a few times and their service is excellent.  Clearly if one has time to trawl the web you can find cheaper, but if you have a shopping list of bits and bobs (and if 2KTech has them all) it's less hassle than several different packets from various suppliers.  Purely personal of course, but to me they're almost like a local model shop, but online!   (I don't always buy from them, it just depends on my needs at the time).

You dont need to trawl the web you just need to go to their website, even posting to me here in Brazil Slaters postage is not overly expensive. The two items I have shown have over £5 postage so 4 items £10 thats nit cheap.

Peter,

I don't think the prices you are quoting from Slaters include postage.

From looking at the website 2K technology is a commercial business and as such it has to make a profit, there is no such thing as free postage you pay one way or another I would personally prefer to pay for the postage on a complete order.

I try and buy products from my local model shop and I pay more as a result I don't pay postage and I can walk there in 5 minutes they no longer sell loco's unless specifically ordered as they cant compete with the likes of Hatton's. The reason behind my patronage to the local model shop is that you don't have to wait and for some items without having to pay postage they can work out cheaper.

know you have to add postage from Slaters, I would rather see the right price and postage separate.  You can buy quite a lot of small things from Slaters with a small postage charge here you could pay almost half the value in postage.

Got £418.60 burning a hole in your pocket? Hankering after a box of old tat? Today's your lucky day!

Quite how they arrived at the rather specific BIN price I can only guess, but oh how I wish they had included a 'make offer' option...

So...why didn't the seller take up this really crazy offer! :O :scratchhead:

This is a full large table Tri -Ang original unique train set up, was offered £ 2 k over a year ago( cash)!!

[.quote]

Tri-Ang FULL set of original unique train set.

Original Tri-Ang equipment-over 50 years old .

Well looked after in VGC.

Special Collectors Items, not many around theses days, in original Tri- Ang boxes

Full train set **includes ** 7 original Tri- Ang Trains / locos with their own tenders (in their original Red Tri-Ang boxes) . Two trains are worth I have been advised by a collector is alone £600!!

(So, why not accept that generous offer?)

Only 7 locos....(OK "Trains").

And this is a "FULL" set?

The R.259 "Britannia" seems to be missing an R.35 Tender?

The seller seems to be counting hopper and open wagons as tenders?

7 "Trains" seems to include the Diesels, which also have their own "Tenders"? (Brake Tenders maybe?)

Some nice stuff, BUT look closely, and all the usual wear and tear is present (Running number transfers on the R.251 "Deeley" 0-6-0 and the R.53 Green "Princess" for example, and the cab handrail on the Britannia...

The "Grain" wagon appears to be lacking the roof...

All 1960s stuff, the earliest would be C1959.  The Mk1 coaches are 1962 onwards, as is most of the stock in my humble opinion.

(Anyone who would offer £2K for that lot is welcome to make me a similar offer for a similar selection! ;) )

Edited by Sarahagain

I never thought these could/would command such a high price... :scratchhead:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Hornby-TRIANG-CHLORINE-WAGONS-X-3-GOOD-CONDITION-UNBOXED-OO-GAUGE-/261599474771?pt=AU_Toys_Hobbies_Model_Railways&hash=item3ce88b3453&autorefresh=true

That's equivalent to £99.50 ! :O

What a pity I recently changed the old cheese cutter wheels and weathered my wagons... :cry:

I never thought these could/would command such a high price... :scratchhead:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Hornby-TRIANG-CHLORINE-WAGONS-X-3-GOOD-CONDITION-UNBOXED-OO-GAUGE-/261599474771?pt=AU_Toys_Hobbies_Model_Railways&hash=item3ce88b3453&autorefresh=true

That's equivalent to £99.50 ! :O

What a pity I recently changed the old cheese cutter wheels and weathered my wagons... :cry:

The only reason I can think is two people both down under wanted to run a whole block train............

You did right to do some 'real modelling'

Tony

• RMweb Gold

Just come across this:http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/351187116581?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Now according to the Bachmann page it's not due until October/November, nor is it in stock at any of the major online retailers, yet going by the photos it appears to be a genuine production set.

Curious?

Peter's Spares have 6 in stock at less money - http://www.petersspares.com/Bachmann-30048-highland-tourer-digital-sound-train-set.ir

So... you've got £200 spare... you're after an LMS Beyer Garratt... as Harry Hill might say - will you the Hatton's, or will you the ebay?

That said, I declare shenanigans - he's included photos of his other locos (all of which appear to be of significantly better quality) and the invitation to let him know if there's anything you want listing.

As used on the R.258 LMS Maroon Princess Elizabeth, and certain versions of the 1974 (Last use of the tooling) "Mail Order" and Main Catalogue R.050 Black Princess Victoria, and the "Mail Order" R.053 Green Princess Victoria. (There was also meant to be a maroon "Mail Order" Princess Victoria...)

I have the maroon (Princess Victoria) loco but no tender.

• Like 1

He paid on the 25th of the month.........I still havent heard from him.??????????????????  I do hope he saw it was on for collection only.??

Someone asked me about postage...but the kit is bulky and irregular shaped....and weighs about 45kgs.

I have said if someone wants it shipping, I would look at the costs, but they must  be paid for up front, and directly with me.

I live in hope........but I have not experienced this before....really odd.

9 days passed now since the guy paid............still no contact from him as to collecting the items.???????????

I'm intrigued with this ongoing saga - the tension is mounting

If he doesn't want them - I'll have them.

What are they though?? 

Hi Bob

Nothing railway related I'm afraid.............its a 4 colour t shirt carroussel printer...and infra red dryer.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111457714856?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1559.l2649

Occupies a pallette space in our overcrowded warehouse.....I was tempted to bin the lot as we were so desparate for the space....but then last minute I put them on ebay.  Nearly 3 weeks later I am even more desparate for the space.....but stuck with the items until he responds.

Bob

• RMweb Gold

I'm afflicted with paying a lot for 35mm copyright slides, which seem to attract excellent prices especially for first generation diesels and electrics, so not true "madness" in my opinion.

But this one caught my attention £63 and climbing (2 days still to go) for a pre-TOPS class 71, a beautiful valuable shot, and well worth us all digging out our attics for similar.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/K44-Railway-Slide-Original-class-71-E5010-Tonbridge-unsure-on-Minster-thurroc/361063916990?_trksid=p2047675.c100010.m2109&_trkparms=aid%3D555012%26algo%3DPW.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D25400%26meid%3D8b93431525e84424a3af26af6b263a7b%26pid%3D100010%26prg%3D10670%26rk%3D5%26rkt%3D24%26sd%3D201184430935

Neil

Edited by Downendian

• RMweb Premium

Just come across this:http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/351187116581?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Now according to the Bachmann page it's not due until October/November, nor is it in stock at any of the major online retailers, yet going by the photos it appears to be a genuine production set.

Curious?

I saw one at Kernow model centre this morning.

Hi Bob

Nothing railway related I'm afraid.............its a 4 colour t shirt carroussel printer...and infra red dryer.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111457714856?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1559.l2649

Occupies a pallette space in our overcrowded warehouse.....I was tempted to bin the lot as we were so desparate for the space....but then last minute I put them on ebay.  Nearly 3 weeks later I am even more desparate for the space.....but stuck with the items until he responds.

Bob

Thanks Bob 

Is it professionally weathered though?