RMweb

EBay madness

Marcyg

Hi,Two thoughts here:(1) It says its from 'Rusty Rails' -i'd rather have a length of rusty rail - at least it would look more realistic.(2) It says its been given a 'professional coat of varnish' - what is an 'amateur coat of varnish' - one that you dont pay for perhaps.

Rusty Nail, more like.

• Like 2

Hi,

Two thoughts here:

(1) It says its from 'Rusty Rails' -i'd rather have a length of rusty rail - at least it would look more realistic.

(2) It says its been given a 'professional coat of varnish' - what is an 'amateur coat of varnish' - one that you dont pay for perhaps.

Regards

Mystery solved.....looks like "Rusty Rails" is a brewery in Pennsylvania (see link below). Now that answers a lot of our questions!

www.rustyrailbrewing.com

http://rustyrailbrewing.com/

Edited by haslam999
  • Like 2

"Bought as a gift"  - like they say 'with friends like that.....'

Heres the original shows the difference plonking it on a Diorama makes.....http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Scrapyard-00-GAUGE-class-37-diesel-loco-heavily-rusted-and-weathered-ref-1-/291327817124?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item43d47db5a4

Steve

Bought as a gift by somebody who hates me. Absolutely excellent authentic looking scrapyard diesel locomotive. Looks heavily rusted and weathered. Professionally mastered and painted from Rusty Rail. This is a unique model, hand painted by a professional pissartist depicting the heavy rusted and weathered locomotive. It has been finished with a professional coat of matt orange. Note: the loco does not run. It has no motor because I have salvaged the only bit worth keeping. This item is an absolute crap piece of Hornby ware and is very rare because nobody else is stupid enough to do this to a model and a great addition to all Hornby layouts if you want the other stuff to look good. Item is securely packaged in a tube for postage which will be a waste of a good tube. Starting with a high auction price and no reserve because there must be some wally out there who hits the wrong button on their keyboard. Many thanks for looking and good luck in the bidding if you are daft enough.

I have edited the description for accuracy.

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

That sort of profiteering makes Gosturde look like a rank amateur - original price from BR would have been no more than £25 on a bad day and could well have been a lot less as van bodies were dirt cheap at one time.  But it has got 'a chassis' - which presumably makes it a lot more collectable?

That sort of profiteering makes Gosturde look like a rank amateur - original price from BR would have been no more than £25 on a bad day and could well have been a lot less as van bodies were dirt cheap at one time.  But it has got 'a chassis' - which presumably makes it a lot more collectable?

To be fair, the BR version wouldn't have come insulated with a bed and kitchen. Or possibly even free of rot. The price is actually quite reasonable for a building like that, in good condition, "ready to plant". Just an empty shed that size can set you back £1000 these days!

To be fair, the BR version wouldn't have come insulated with a bed and kitchen. Or possibly even free of rot. The price is actually quite reasonable for a building like that, in good condition, "ready to plant". Just an empty shed that size can set you back £1000 these days!

Hi,

I wish !.

Two years ago I had another building made fourteen feet square to extend my workshop facilities and give me a room to work on layouts and this cost £3700.00. By the time we had insulated it, fitted heating, lighting and other electrics plus double glazed upc windows it worked out at just over £6000.00

Mind you I would be hard pressed to resist a basic BR Van body to fit out.

Regards

12 ton box van? For bonus points, identify the original diagram number.....

At a guess it's a diagram 1/213 van, as it looks like it has plywood sides. Assuming it's not been resheeted and they've given the correct dimensions in the advert. 

For £8k I'd expect the seller to have thrown in some punctuation and at least one press of the F7 key to spell check the advert. 

• Like 1

I have a memory of a price of 25/- per foot being quoted for old rolling stock bodies in the mid-sixties (just under the £25 quoted above, but you would have probably got a pre-nationalisation design back then).

• RMweb Gold

This just finished with no bids.

Ignoring the asking price I find it astonishing that given the attention to detail spent on construction, wiring and packaging that the layout itself is so uninspired.

Agreed. The seller seems to be some sort of machine tool dealer.

Have look at the 'rejected' bids. They tell a story as to what folk would be prepared to pay for such a mediocre effort.

Let's hope for his sake his sale #3 will be more profitable!

This just finished with no bids.

Ignoring the asking price I find it astonishing that given the attention to detail spent on construction, wiring and packaging that the layout itself is so uninspired.

The offer of £500 was probably very good and should have been accepted http://offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidsLogin&item=181600125260&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2564

The offer of £500 was probably very good and should have been accepted http://offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidsLogin&item=181600125260&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2564

Agreed. It will, I suggest, be a cold day in *Hades before anyone offers anywhere near what's being looked for by the seller...

*other unpleasant locations for eternity are probably available...