EBay madness

Marcyg

Just found this on eBay. Nice, but a bit pricey? http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item19bdd39e08

Oh, and these too. http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item19bdd796de

Rob

Indeedy, although someone should really point out for the unwary, that Shuco's 1:87 scale transit is determinedly NOT to 00 scale, as if you'd be happy to fork out over 40 notes for such a thing in the first place. blink.gif

A quick look at the paper for the auction shows not only item weight, but dimensions and battery life. How a photo printout can have a battery life is beyond me. It's shameful that ebay let it reach this stage, really. Should have been reversed and the seller struck off as a clear scam artist without question, especially after the appalling trick with feedback and the number of other cases against her.

Her ruse to make $467 ended up costing her $5000, plus I imagine whatever court costs may apply. Yet she still has that smug attitude in the closing shots, guess she has the money to burn.

While looking thru last nite i see a modelzone Blue/Grey TPO going for over £50!! at the moment, The blue/grey one is still about in the shops still!!!

I have a feeling that this may be the same seller who has made a habit of doing the same with every prior Modelzone limited release. It does show though that the legion of bidders on this items must be really thick to not realise they are being fleeced or too lazy to go to a Modelzone outlet and buy one.

What a bargain this is....... 250673947225 ......but only on a 1 day listing free P+P special delivery, buy it now for only £80.00, but only 4 feedback, and lots of other electrical goodies on a one day listing, feedback from someone for an touch pad thingy phone, they have no feedback, bit suspicous me thinks.... any one missing a new HST in the North West ?

• RMweb Gold

bit suspicous me thinks.... any one missing a new HST in the North West ?

What are you implying?

BTW we all started E bay with a feedback of zero. This new member has got to 4. What is wrong with that?

Your post also omits the fact that the bidding starts at 99p which is a fairly common start price.

I agree with Colin - it's a bit harsh to suggest, as you seem to be doing, that every new Ebayer is fencing stolen goods.

And anyway, I don't see how this lot falls under the umbrella of "Ebay madness". It's an oldish HST set, possibly going cheap.

What's mad about it?

It is a new style set, "BNIB" brand new in the box, not the old style, all I'm saying I'd watch this one with interest.

When Railway items are stolen, a lot of people are quick to say that the thieves will fence the items on "flea"bay as it is affectionatly known, as they think this is one of the first places stolen goods turn up...................I just think this item is to good to be true, along with the selection of other items being sold related to this item.

Cynical I may be, but as an Ebayer of very long standing, I view the provenance of this HST as unusual. It is rubbing shoulders with items for which there are only stock images, such as laptops and I-pods, and the seller has only one of their 4 feedback from actually selling. The phrase fire-sale was coined to describe a list of items like this, in my book.

Of the three from buying, one is for the purchase of this enigma, wrapped in a riddle disguised as a conundrum blink.gif http://cgi.ebay.co.u...9#ht_500wt_1154

So maybe not madness, but certainly a little bit, how shall we put it... moody wink.gif

When in a hole it is advisable to stop digging.

Not my hole yet matey...just watch and see.

Cynical I may be, but as an Ebayer of very long standing, I view the provenance of this HST as unusual. It is rubbing shoulders with items for which there are only stock images, such as laptops and I-pods, and the seller has only one of their 4 feedback from actually selling. The phrase fire-sale was coined to describe a list of items like this, in my book.

Of the three from buying, one is for the purchase of this enigma, wrapped in a riddle disguised as a conundrum blink.gif http://cgi.ebay.co.u...9#ht_500wt_1154

So maybe not madness, but certainly a little bit, how shall we put it... moody wink.gif

Thank you Chard, I'm glad somebody sees it from a cynical point as well, there is giving people the benefit of the doubt and then there is this sale.

As somebody myself who has over 750+ 100% feedback on ebay "buying & selling" when you see something like this you sometimes whiff a rat, but if somebody off the RM Web gets their fingers burnt ! well I did try to help.

Guest baldrick25
Of the three from buying, one is for the purchase of this enigma, wrapped in a riddle disguised as a conundrum Posted Image http://cgi.ebay.co.u...9#ht_500wt_1154

Very strange that when you go to that link , click on the sellers details at the bottom, he doesn't seem to know where he lives , quoting "Whest Grove" when its "West Grove" - I wonder why the house number is missing- perhaps he's well known in that area?

Check out what GoogleMaps says....

Googlemaps

I have been watching a few Skaledale items today, and saw some current items go for prices that are way above those that you can find at any of the "Box Shifters".

Add to this the lunatic money that the Pubs, terraced houses, and various cottages seem to be fetching, makes me think that I could have made a tidy sum if I had bought a load up front.

Are they all really that scarce, or is it just Ebay madness yet again?

Mark

• RMweb Gold

I know TT is not that common and this is an unusual item but.....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TRIANG-TT-T97-BR-4-6-2-BRITANNIA-BODECIA-LOCOMOTIVE-NEW-/220489314069?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item33562fef15

Pity the number and name don't match.

I contacted the seller about the name and number not matching. His reply was as follows:

Hi Colin,

you are correct, but there were a few of these that escaped from the factory with the wrong names and numbers on them. This is one of them and they are a very unusual and rare item.

Regards

Interesting that this factor that makes this item "very unusual and rare" was not mentioned in the listing, nor was the opportunity taken to include my question and answer.

• RMweb Premium

Just trawling and spotted this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/British-Railway-Signalling-Development-Robert-Hendry-/160452566045?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Non_Fiction&hash=item255bb7dc1d

I know we're in the 2nd half of the year, but...................... look at the light blue banner and dispatch times!

Rob

• RMweb Premium

Just trawling and spotted this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/British-Railway-Signalling-Development-Robert-Hendry-/160452566045?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Non_Fiction&hash=item255bb7dc1d

I know we're in the 2nd half of the year, but...................... look at the light blue banner and dispatch times!

Rob

I find it interesting that they classify a book on British Railways signalling as follows:-

CATEGORY : History > General

History > Military History > General AAS

I did not know that all railways were under the military!!!!

Chris