EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Gold

No, it's not madness by any means, but it is bizarre to say the least. Did they actually think they'd finished the mating of body to chassis?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BODYKIT-OO-BR-BLUE-CLASS-23-D5905-DIESEL-LOCO-/130419969281?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models#ht_5080wt_1137

People are bidding on it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now that is madness.

No, it's not madness by any means, but it is bizarre to say the least. Did they actually think they'd finished the mating of body to chassis?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BODYKIT-OO-BR-BLUE-CLASS-23-D5905-DIESEL-LOCO-/130419969281?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models#ht_5080wt_1137

Nowt wrong with that loco ... Hornby models of the time always had the buffers a bit high... :rolleyes: :P :lol:

• RMweb Gold

Nowt wrong with that loco ... Hornby models of the time always had the buffers a bit high... :rolleyes: :P :lol:

I think the buffers are about right (as you say for a Hornby loco of that time) but its the body that is more than a little out of gauge - or maybe thats the real reason for early withdrawal - not the unreliability at all just a inability to negotiate Gasworks tunnel :lol:

• RMweb Gold

Is it really worth the asking price?

Lima class 37 link

I just love the quote at the bottom of the page - "NO TIME WASTERS PLEASE" - Well, of course not at that price ....

And a Lima 94XX at £29.50 (well it is 'early emblem') looks like I have nice little earner (x3) stashed away somewhere, and to think I only bought them at less than a fiver each because I thought I might be able to do something with the bodies on a Comet chassis, silly me :lol:

Is it really worth the asking price?

Lima class 37 link

I just love the quote at the bottom of the page - "NO TIME WASTERS PLEASE" - Well, of course not at that price ....

It was always a sought-after model, that one, often selling at prices in triple figures.

I always wanted one due to local connections, but not after the Bachmann version came out.

Guest baldrick25

New: A brand-new, unused, unopened and undamaged item. See the seller's listing for full details.

How the hell can it be unopened, or has he got 2, one for the picture, one to sell?

Yes he's got two of this rare item..

Ballochmyle 1 at £94.50

Ballochmyle 2 at £95.00

Unless its listed twice of course....?

Still doesn't answer how its unopened Brand new though - unless there is 3..

New: A brand-new, unused, unopened and undamaged item. See the seller's listing for full details.

How the hell can it be unopened, or has he got 2, one for the picture, one to sell?

Think this has come up before.

Its yet another seller who has not read Ebays revised listing discriptions - you have a choice of two defaults; New which then goes on to state in the listing that it is unopened etc, or Used. The alternative is not to enter any item condition and to describe it in the text decription as New opened for the photo, or similar

Lima 117 resprayed blue with Trans-Clyde brandings - both a partially inaccurate title and overpriced? :

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Andy B)

Oh lordy, it's him again. What a complete clown that guy is.

'If you don't like paying £9.00 P&P then don't bid,' says he. 'Go and play in the traffic,' says I.

Anyway, in other news, this piece of desirable Italian plastic is commanding some interest:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Lima-Class-201-Irish-Railways-210-Orange-Livery-/130422412612?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models#ht_500wt_1154

Needs a little restoration?

Ebay crane

Restored to the bin methinks, looks a right pile of c**p, and judging from all his conditions he thinks so too laugh.gif

... and not only that, but someone else who believes this to be true:

PLEASE NOTE THAT MY RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ITEM ENDS WHEN I HAND IT TO TO THE POST OFFICE.

You wish, but that doesn't make it so...

• RMweb Premium

Lima 117 resprayed blue with Trans-Clyde brandings - both a partially inaccurate title and overpriced? :

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370423872926&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Andy B)

How can this item be both 'Kit built' and 'Mint in box'. If you have a mint in box kit then it is by definition unbuilt. And where is the kit in this anyway? I just see a Standard Lima 101 with a few new transfers.

How can this item be both 'Kit built' and 'Mint in box'. If you have a mint in box kit then it is by definition unbuilt. And where is the kit in this anyway? I just see a Standard Lima 101 with a few new transfers.

Rub your eyes Tom, it's not even a 101, it's a 117, so inaccurate is the title blink.gif

Rub your eyes Tom, it's not even a 101, it's a 117, so inaccurate is the title blink.gif

I saw this the other day it went on, I thought I will send this guy a message just to be helpful, tell him its a 117 not a 101, but then when I saw who the seller was I thought "something" him, this guys sells railway items for a living on ebay and you are telling me he has never come across a Lima 117 DMU in all the years of his trading, in my opinion with his description he is trying to kid somebody into buying something that it isn't "if that makes sense"

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Anyway, in other news, this piece of desirable Italian plastic is commanding some interest:

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...s#ht_500wt_1154

Expect this to go for near enough twice the current price, mabe even more than that. Lima Irish 201's are as rare as rocking horse do do, and are always sought after. Still crap mind.

Expect this to go for near enough twice the current price, mabe even more than that. Lima Irish 201's are as rare as rocking horse do do, and are always sought after. Still crap mind.

Not sure what this says about yours truly (possibly that I'm a decent sort of chap who likes a bit of fair play) but not so long ago I left three of these on a somewhat out of place stall at a local Farmer's Market, priced at £30.00 apiece. I thought they were worth a fair bit but just hoped someone who actually wanted to run one might come by.... And I still hope they did. smile.gif

EDIT: interesting layout the 201's posed on - looks like the edge of the baseboard's been painted with impact adhesive and girder bridge mouldings randomly flung against it....