EBay madness

Marcyg

I can certainly see why someone might have built it (a fun way to use up stuff from the bits box) and whoever was responsible seems to have made a decent job of it and has ended up with an attractive, if freelance, model. Quite why someone wanted it badly enough to push the bidding to 33 quid from a reasonable start of under a tenner, though, is a little puzzling.

• RMweb Premium

It always amazes me that sellers don't check their entries.

Something like that puts me off.

It gives the impression that they can't be bothered,

which then leads you to think what are they going to be like to deal with.

Something else which leads me to the same conclusion is poor quality photos, (dark, out of focus or wrong orientation).

(End of rant)!

• Like 1

...very nice landfill weathered 61002 named Impala......

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/00-gauge-Bachmann-B1-no-61002-Impala-weathered-/252163557649?hash=item3ab61e8911:g:oCQAAOSwQoFWQPGn

(Not even worth it at £39.99 for the chassis - which looks to have been swapped?)

And off the rails as is his other B1, Bushbuck.

V.RARE L@@K

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-R2812X-CLASS-43-HST-FIRST-GREAT-WESTERN-DCC-FITTED-V-RARE-L-K-/272029956395?hash=item3f563fb92b:g:9fAAAOSw5VFWMRxz

Oh, And it's faulty.

• THE FANS DO NOT ROTATE WHEN THE HST IS RUNNING, MINOR ISSUE.

Minor? Maybe. I disabled the fans in my HSTs as they really stop high potential speeds. I wouldn't say its that easy to fix though.

"USED ONES WITH MANY MORE SERIOUS PROBLEMS HAVE REACHED £400+! ONE SINGLE CAR FETCHED £200..."

i.e. "GIVE ME LOTS OF MONEY!!!"

I know it is a rare item (but I think this is at the higher end of the price range); But the way it has been listing seems really unprofessional for a £500 purchase.

• RMweb Gold

What would be a 'sensible' price for an 'unfitted' pair? 

I have a complete (original) train and am tempted to get rid of it.....some expensive new issues looming!

Edited by Re6/6

What would be a 'sensible' price for an 'unfitted' pair? 

I have a complete (original) train and am tempted to get rid of it.....some expensive new issues looming!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Hornby-First-Great-Western-FGW-Class-43-HST-Power-Car-set-/351577554543?hash=item51dba7be6f:g:xVgAAOSwvt1WRPX1Seems of a more of an appropriate price. But on ebay; especially the FGW stuff; seems to go more on bidding when people get silly with their biding.