Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Premium

errr. "VERY RARE"...?

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item3f03d25fa9

More "VERY EXPENSIVE"..?

I spotted this on Saturday evening......Making me wish i had not sold mine now!!! But there was not many made before Lima went bang in early 2000. There is always some silly sod that is willing to pay OTT just to have one.....I did see some time ago that the TFRB were fetching £125.00 each alone.

Same goes for the Lima ScotRail Swoosh 156.....£200 and counting.......

Happy eBaying blink.gifblink.gifblink.gif

Ps, may i add i got £100 for my Lima Fag packet rake!!!!!!! DAMN ohmy.gif

This one has just wiped out half the membership of the Japanese forum I am a member of from heart attacks...

http://cgi.ebay.com/...d#ht_3880wt_907

General consensus being, 'yeah its quite rare....but HOW MUCH???' :O

and I thought I was pushing the boat out buying a "mint" 201 series Chou Line 6 Set for £44 with the upper cab lights and deflector missing, well it is Kato :rolleyes:

hope this isnt a repost....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LIMA-CL-60-DCC-DCC-SOUND-FREIGHTLINER-LIGHTS-/180574813639?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item2a0b18fdc7

I'm all for a bit of experimentation but this is a little weird with it's aftermarket lights and sound that isnt proper sound... having said that this is the ebay seller that used to use 5mm led's to add dcc lights so maybe he is getting better....?

and I thought I was pushing the boat out buying a "mint" 201 series Chou Line 6 Set for £44 with the upper cab lights and deflector missing, well it is Kato :rolleyes:

If that's the one I sold you - I never described it as mint - and the defects were very clearly described and pictured.

(Just to be clear)

• RMweb Premium

I spotted this on Saturday evening......Making me wish i had not sold mine now!!! But there was not many made before Lima went bang in early 2000. There is always some silly sod that is willing to pay OTT just to have one.....I did see some time ago that the TFRB were fetching £125.00 each alone.

Same goes for the Lima ScotRail Swoosh 156.....£200 and counting.......

Happy eBaying blink.gifblink.gifblink.gif

Ps, may i add i got £100 for my Lima Fag packet rake!!!!!!! DAMN ohmy.gif

What a shame, it did not sell!

Guest baldrick25

Will you take a fiver for this? ( about all I would offer at a Swapmeet)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AIRFIX-No-54256-G-W-R-No-187-DIDCOT-AUTO-COACH-MIB-/300416139460?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item45f23280c4

or quote "REPAINTED IN A REALISTIC *DIRTY*WEATHER CONDITION "

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AIRFIX-No-54256-8-G-W-R-DIDCOT-AUTO-COACH-CODE-3-/300361985827?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item45eef82f23

now with yellow ends . Not in my memory did they carry yellow ends.

The one thing I really find annoying with Ebay sellers is when they set a 99p start on an item , and then set a reserve of £50 or more- always feel conned when it clicks up "reserve not met"....

• RMweb Gold

Since the minimum reserve is £50, I don't understand buyers who, when they see "reserve not met", then proceed to bid less than £50.

I thought that if the reserve isn't met, the seller has the option to sell the item for the price reached or withdraw the item as unsold. However with eBays ever changing convoluted rules, I'm aware things may have changed!

I know Hornby Dublo stuff is collectable but this collectable:?

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item1e5a51b194 :blink:

The box is, quite often, worth more than its contents due to most of the boxes being thrown out, so more contents survive than boxes to put them in. It will be of value to collectors who like everything to be in its original boxes. Even with newer Bachmann stuff, having its box makes a secondhand example generally worth more than an unboxed version.

I wonder which precious metal was used? can't imagine how he arrived at that price otherwise.

:O

It is an O gauge coach, kit built , unspecified maker though, and average priced for such a 7mm kit built item, It would be difficult to find cheaper if it is well finished, and seems a reasonable start price.

Guest baldrick25

I find it interesting that they classify a book on British Railways signalling as follows:-

CATEGORY : History > General

History > Military History > General AAS

I did not know that all railways were under the military!!!!

Chris

Oh, its quite correct. It goes back to semaphores and fire lanterns. Napoleon loved semaphores.;)

• RMweb Premium

Most of that lot is fit only for the bin and certainly not worth what it has already reached.

The bogies look too short.;)

Different scales, different standards, O gauge is still split between course scale for tight curves and fine 7mm scale, and course scale stock often has a short wheel base, or the bogies are undersized to get the swing under the side boards etc. The price is pretty consistent with other coaches of the type on Ebay and Vectis auctions. I commented as it seems a fair offer for what is there. A kit un-built would cost quite as much, and might not include bogies or wheels. O gauge is expensive.........