EBay madness

Marcyg

Guest dilbert

Suspiciously like a typo he meant to type £1.00 but lost the decimal point. Not so much madness as carelessness.

Some Ebay sites use decimal commas instead of decimal points - a big difference, especially if you switch between different Ebay sites... the message is "be careful"...dilbert

Perhaps the... feedback score has some part in it...

Well, everyone has to advertise their first item sometime! I've never sold on Ebay myself, so as and when I do, then I too will have zero feedback, at least for a while.

I'd put this guy in the "naively optimistic" category, rather than "mad chancer". Yes, the starting bid is about double what you'd expect any sensible auction to finish at, but if you don't want the wagons, don't start bidding. I feel for the guy and his optimism, really, as if he'd put in a starting price of £10.00, then his first Ebay experience would probably be far more positive one.

..Only $16,000!!! And that´s without Locomotives!

Thank goodness for that!

$16k for this, evidently I'm missing something, but I don't think it's common sense - but that could be Catch 22.

It looks to be a shop display layout (and the description seems to tally with this). However, $16,000 (just a smidge over £10,000) is a very optimistic price, especially given that the seller seems in need to get rid of it after a change of ownership of the building it is in. If they really do want/need to sell it, I'm sure that price will rapidly tumble.

Fancy a strange 3 different gauges, "proffessionally built" railroad layout?

Only $16000!!! And that´s without Locomotives!

Link

I would pay for someone to just come and pick it up actually...

There's now a starting bid of $4500, which makes it almost sensible!

A snip at £155.00 when I looked, this lovely fragment of Birmingham's transport heritage, as trailed by John Morris, on behalf of the Airport, during last Sunday's Carl Chinn radio show:

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...9358831#vi-desc

Now I know what I want for Xmas!