EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Premium

This pile of Sh1te is described as:-

Hornby R156 REFINISHED KIT BUILT LMS BLACK 0-6-0 CLASS 08 DIESEL SHUNTER LOCO

Not KIT BUILT.

Not LMS.

Oh yes GosTURDe again.

And £49.50p, is he having a Turkish!!!!   (Turkish Bath - Laugh).

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-R156-REFINISHED-KIT-BUILT-LMS-BLACK-0-6-0-CLASS-08-DIESEL-SHUNTER-LOCO-nf-/331964148891?hash=item4d4a9aec9b:g:VSsAAOSwFe5X0aRN

But it would have been assembled from a kit of parts at the factory..............

(Hat, coat, gone.......)

Cheers,

Mick

This pile of Sh1te is described as:-

Hornby R156 REFINISHED KIT BUILT LMS BLACK 0-6-0 CLASS 08 DIESEL SHUNTER LOCO

Not KIT BUILT.

Not LMS.

Oh yes GosTURDe again.

And £49.50p, is he having a Turkish!!!!   (Turkish Bath - Laugh).

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-R156-REFINISHED-KIT-BUILT-LMS-BLACK-0-6-0-CLASS-08-DIESEL-SHUNTER-LOCO-nf-/331964148891?hash=item4d4a9aec9b:g:VSsAAOSwFe5X0aRN

Apart from everthing else, I would expect the lettering put on straight for that sort of money.

(IMHO It is about time this dreadful thing was pensioned off. It was poor by the standards of the mid-fifties when it first appeared.)

• RMweb Premium

You mean Beatties?

No.

Modelzone in Bull Street, now Computer Exchange, before Modelzone it was Music Zone.

At the back of the store was a two track Hornby layout which usually had a couple of these 0-4-0s speeding around pulling 3 or 4 Railroad wagons.

Beatties I remember from the Pallasades.

Keith

• Like 1

Apart from everthing else, I would expect the lettering put on straight for that sort of money.

(IMHO It is about time this dreadful thing was pensioned off. It was poor by the standards of the mid-fifties when it first appeared.)

Apparently it's also broken.

• RMweb Premium

I didn't get that far down!  (Gossy is only worth a quick passing look......  :)  )

I see it's also supposedly "professionally refinished"......

Well it's definitely finished! :yes:

(as in deceased, passed on, gone to meet it's maker......)

Keith

Edited by melmerby

• RMweb Premium

Or numbers representing an LMS machine.

• RMweb Gold

Can't be doing with this "code" nonsense

Some sort of self importance codswallop

Used by persons trying to make their knowledge more impressive. To the newbie of the model world.

I mean what's up with excellent good poor or bag of nails & not worth the dust bin space.

To be pedantic.... ( ;) )

This body tool was a new one.....the 1950s body has a "box" on the Port Side in front of the fuel tank to house the key-hole for the clockwork version.

This body dates from th e1980 (i think) with the auto-uncoupling feature...

It also has guide lines moulded in for the high level stripe appiled to the "Australian" version...

The chassis is the "B12" type as well!

But still very "wrong" in the chassis dept.! ;)

Now then....

The Train Collectors Society Magazine "Train Collector" Issue 40 September 2016 has a piece about some re-painted Tri-ang Railways "Jinties"....

These are Pre 1959 locos, with the earlier MkIIb (open loop) Couplings....

The Ebay example is 1961 onwards, with the side mounted body screw. Missing in this case! Going by the chassis, probably 1961 made...Solid wheels and plain coupling rods...

The TC examples are possibly credited to Bassett Lowke or Bonds....The TC North Eastern loco has "North Eastern" in full, and the numbers are all on a red oval....

So the origin of this loco is, to say, uncertain! ;)