Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

EBay madness

Marcyg

3 hours ago, leopardml2341 said:

There were two or more bidders with lots of money and nothing more important to spend it on that got into a bidding war?

I hope that they don't back out. The seller wasn't being greedy and should be laughing all the way to the bank.

• Like 1
  • Agree 7

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, leopardml2341 said:

You seem to be labouring under the misapprehension that what someone is willing to pay is an indicator as to what they are worth Andy!

Mike.

13 hours ago, leopardml2341 said:

They look like Oxford Diecast vehicles.

If you go over to somewhere like Hattons you can get something similar for £5 to £15 each, NEW, depending on the size. Probably £35 max for the lot, secondhand, a bit less.  Postage would be the same.

The vendor started at a reasonable price, just a couple of loons couldn't step back and restrain themselves!

• Agree 6

1 hour ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

You seem to be labouring under the misapprehension that what someone is willing to pay is an indicator as to what they are worth Andy!

Mike.

Well, the buyer must think they are worth that, I just wondered why......

I certainly don't :)

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

23 minutes ago, sandwich station said:

I think they are Pocketbond. So you can't buy new anymore. Still not worth that much though.

I take it that they went bust or something? Pity, they did some useful 30s / 40s cars that you can't get anywhere else. There was some chancer asking £80 each for some of those last year.

• Informative/Useful 1

3 hours ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Mike.

When the red mist rises and you spend the kids' inheritance on ... trains! ;)

• Like 1
  • Funny 4

2 hours ago, sandwich station said:

I think they are Pocketbond. So you can't buy new anymore. Still not worth that much though.

Didn't Pocketbond get bought up by Bachmann?

Even so, the Pocketbond High Top van (2nd left) can be had new for £2 and the Base Toys artic on the far right for £7...

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Hroth said:

Didn't Pocketbond get bought up by Bachmann?

Even so, the Pocketbond High Top van (2nd left) can be had new for £2 and the Base Toys artic on the far right for £7...

They were bought up by Bachmann but all they got was the name (Classix) and a warehouse of unsold models. The original owner/founder of Classix passed away suddenly and the firm just seemed to have disappeared except for the name that Bachmann acquired. 

• Informative/Useful 4

• RMweb Premium

That would explain why Bachmann after the initial joyous news they announced when they bought Pocketbond subsequently did absolutely nothing with it and it all but vanished into thin air.  The tooling must be gathering dust somewhere....

• Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, John M Upton said:

That would explain why Bachmann after the initial joyous news they announced when they bought Pocketbond subsequently did absolutely nothing with it and it all but vanished into thin air.  The tooling must be gathering dust somewhere....

It was when many Chinese factory workers didn't return after the Chinese new year and this disrupted production coupled with the illness/death of the owner meant there was no one to chase things up.

21 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

So in those circumstances, I assume that it is all in limbo.

Bizarre that the workforce didn't bother returning after the new year. Perhaps they got a better offer elsewhere.

Chinese New Year? means they're not back till February!

• Agree 1

47 minutes ago, giz said:

£620 for a Bachmann 150, a Dynamis and some track?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bachman-E-Z-Command-Dynamis-30-046-DCC-Train-Set-OO-Gauge-Class-150-RARE/203182010507?hash=item2f4e97708b:g:~-8AAOSwJfRfsS9W

I think its rare because most were split up and the items were sold separately.

Well, I won't be putting it "... in my basket"! ;)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, giz said:

£620 for a Bachmann 150, a Dynamis and some track?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bachman-E-Z-Command-Dynamis-30-046-DCC-Train-Set-OO-Gauge-Class-150-RARE/203182010507?hash=item2f4e97708b:g:~-8AAOSwJfRfsS9W

I think its rare because most were split up and the items were sold separately.

It's likely, but £620? Seriously? I don't think that I will be going modern image anytime soon!

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium