RMweb

EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Gold

Apparantly they are "hard to find".....fancy that....I've found two on the 'kit shelf'! Nothing should surprise from this individual. He's our friend 'Micmcm' who's been trying to sell a Gaiety pannier diecast body lump for about 4 years now for £50. I gave away the one that I had!

Interesting that he never auctions anything, always 'buy it now'....perhaps if he did he might only get £15 for it!

You can always get a far superior version from Brassmasters for £40!

• RMweb Gold

Well, the collectors' market loves the word rare - and being #7 of only 12 would certainly make it so in their terms. I suspect modellers, as distinct from collectors, have a better idea how to spend their hard-earned.

• RMweb Gold

Well, the collectors' market loves the word rare - and being #7 of only 12 would certainly make it so in their terms. I suspect modellers, as distinct from collectors, have a better idea how to spend their hard-earned.

I always avoid even looking at anything 'rare'!dry.gif

• RMweb Premium

It's actually 86 of 93 (it says so on the certificate)

Keith

• RMweb Gold

It's actually 86 of 93 (it says so on the certificate)

So what does the seller mean by this, then? "This Van is No7 of only 12 conversions from M87793, as described on the front of the certificate, and has been given a UNIQUE running number in the M877XX series."

• RMweb Gold

So what does the seller mean by this, then? "This Van is No7 of only 12 conversions from M87793, as described on the front of the certificate, and has been given a UNIQUE running number in the M877XX series."

On page 133 of "Ramsay's British Model Trains 6th Edition" Dapol Blue Spot Vans Sp Edn are shown with suggested values of £12-£15. These appear to be the ones being referred to.

Regards,

Bob.

• RMweb Gold

For more than 35 years now I have been selling 'Super Detail' Limited Edition loco's. I first started by attending Swap meets (Doncaster & York) where I would put a price on the stock but would always be prepared to negotiate. After relising the cost to myself in petrol stall hire & time away from home I decided to try Ebay. For me it has been pretty good & I have sold many 'Limited Edition' loco's under my 'Peasholm Models' banner with many buyers purchasing other loco's at later dates. The BIG difference between myself & other so called 'Limited Edition' sellers is all my stock goes on Ebay with a starting price of just 99p ! NO SILLY BY-IT-NOW PRICES & NO RESERVE PRICE. At the end of the day the value of the loco which tend to be A4, A3, & A1's is what the highest bidder thinks it is worth to him or her, sometimes a loco will not relise what I think its worth & other times it sells for more. As I have to purchase my stock from shops (I am not in the trade) If the loco sells low I have to stand the loss, thats how it is however, it is very rare for that to happen as I have always been up front with everything I do & find buyers extremely happy with their purchases.

silverlink

• RMweb Gold

Looked at the atomic power station listing, at least the 90 quid shipping charge to Canada seems reasonable. :O :nono:

You're right. It's a great deal better value per mile than the £45 he wants to send it to France!

If the item had been slightly cheaper, it might have been of use to anyone contemplating a turntable on their layout. Build the power-station in situ, let it go critical, then when it melts its way though your baseboard - you have a space for the turntable!