RMweb

EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Premium

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/325028292633?hash=item4bad322819%3Ag%3AaokAAOSweuZhMzTc&LH_BIN=1

Greetings All. Haven't posted for a while owing to looking after 92 year old mother, Bless her she's now doing very well

Finding a bit of spare time to surf the Devil's Toy box, looking for more junk to stash away never to be seen again,I came across the above listing. The description comes with a timely warning to time wasters.

A little more research needed I think.

Cheers, Rich

Edited by TinTracks
  • Like 3
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

4 hours ago, TinTracks said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/325028292633?hash=item4bad322819%3Ag%3AaokAAOSweuZhMzTc&LH_BIN=1

Greetings All. Haven't posted for a while owing to looking after 92 year old mother, Bless her she's now doing very well

Finding a bit of spare time to surf the Devil's Toy box, looking for more junk to stash away never to be seen again,I came across the above listing. The description comes with a timely warning to time wasters.

A little more research needed I think.

Cheers, Rich

Reminds me of all the old cars I've found over the years, parked under a hedge since about 1970, but the owner has "been told that the registration number is worth at least ten grand", even though he has no log book and the car has broken it's back with rust.

I think we have the choice of the word deluded or avaricious.

• Like 2
  • Agree 4
  • Informative/Useful 1

Just now, Paul H Vigor said:

It's funny how all these characters seem to have a "... friend ..." who tells them things!

He's probably a relative of the bloke down the road who tells you that he knows a bloke who knows this other bloke whose brother is in the SAS.....

• Funny 4

15 hours ago, TinTracks said:

Deary me!

An old R.150, and an equally elderly R.59 plus a couple of clockwork 0-4-0s, one looks like the "Dockmaster" set loco, the roofless cattle van probably comes from the same source.  I'm thinking the B12 and the coaches come from the Holiday Express set (RS.29).  The track is amazing and the controller terrifying!

A third of the asking price would be good going...

I HAVE SPOKEN TO A FRIEND WHO TELLS ME THE COACHES ARE VERY RARE AND THE ENGINES ARE WORTH MONEY.

Rare as in undercooked? And yes, the engines are worth money, but not a lot...

A firm tone of voice, eh?

Edited by Hroth
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

When it and the pile of triang posted earlier don't sell, the seller will be convinced that everyone "wanted them for peanuts". Not for a moment will they consider that they may have overestimated the retail value of the lots.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, MrWolf said:

When it and the pile of triang posted earlier don't sell, the seller will be convinced that everyone "wanted them for peanuts". Not for a moment will they consider that they may have overestimated the retail value of the lots.

They think they've seen what "things go for" on ebay.  I suppose they'll try a couple of relistings to see if an impressionable buyer comes along!

The only thing interesting in the Dublo 3-rail lot is the remote uncoupler.

If it works!

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

22 minutes ago, Michael Hodgson said:

I sent him an email asking if he'd forgotten to take the lens cap off.

He's fixed the listing now, looks like a decent loco.

I suppose prices will creep up, Hattons appear to have sold off most of their Class 66 locos, but if you only want "A" class 66, they have a couple of new ones on offer for just under £120 each.

https://www.hattons.co.uk/stocklist/1484058/1000588/1000635/0/hattons_originals_oo_gauge_1_76_scale_diesel_locos/prodlist

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/154817365103?ViewItem=&item=154817365103

4 hours ago, Hroth said:

They think they've seen what "things go for" on ebay.  I suppose they'll try a couple of relistings to see if an impressionable buyer comes along!

I think this may be an example of that, although he has knocked a hundred quid off the start price on this re listing. Quite apart from the starting price I don't see how he arrived at 100 sheets for P&P :lol:

It is a lovely comprehensive list BTW

Cheers Rich

Edited by TinTracks
  • Agree 2