EBay madness

Marcyg

Titan, How could he have won it for 46 quid if it sold for 190quid??? Khris
Because e***n kept bidding until he was the highest bidder. If e***b had not put on his £185 bid in on the 13th, then e***n would have been highest bidder at £44.18 and stopped bidding. Then if e***b used a sniper to place his £185 bid at three seconds or thereabouts before the auction finished, he would have got it at £46.18, as e***n would not have had time to place another bid, let alone the 31 that pushed it up to £190... Edited by Titan

• RMweb Gold

There have been previous rumblings on here about this seller and the remarkable prices sometimes achieved. No evidence that either of these bidders has "form" - no retractions etc. Sellers cannot in any way be a threat to those bidders who know what the item is worth to them and bid up to that value only.

• Like 1

Question is whether the winning bidder actually pays for it after.

he did, i sold a wagon to him and looked at his feedback, he won it, and has been left positive feedback. http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=aggregatemanpeter&ftab=AllFeedback&myworld=true look at his feedback, its about the 15th one down!

Because e***n kept bidding until he was the highest bidder. If e***b had not put on his £185 bid in on the 13th, then e***n would have been highest bidder at £44.18 and stopped bidding. Then if e***b used a sniper to place his £185 bid at three seconds or thereabouts before the auction finished, he would have got it at £46.18, as e***n would not have had time to place another bid, let alone the 31 that pushed it up to £190...

Thanks Titan,

Makes sense now.

Khris

Hmmm, bit whiffy ?? - look at the bidding history - a £670.26 bid followed by a £650.26 (exactly £20 lower) 9 seconds later just to make sure the £670 became £670 - not £177 plus a bit - bidder ID's all hidden too just to compound things...........probably just me not understanding things

There's something odd about the nature of the beast itself. IIRC Wrenn went out of production in about 1992, apart from the collectors' specials, and I don't think they ever did any complete locos in the collectors' series.

The first Harry Potter book didn't come out until 1997, and the first film until 2001. Therefore it's impossible for the loco to be earlier than 1997, and highly improbable that it's earlier than 2001, unless someone was extremely lucky at guessing the type of loco and livery details. It may be an original Wrenn model that's never been used, but it's a repaint, a 'Code 3' if you go for that stupid terminology.

Edited by Unchuffed

• RMweb Gold

No, it is an irritating ploy to enable the item to appear on searches for "LNER", just as people add Hornby, Bachmann, Lima to an old Triang items' description.

.......more irritating is "not Hornby, not Bachmann etc.......

Regarding the Ratio stuff, are we ever surprised by him and and the other fellow? What really amazes me is the number of sales these people have made. I can only assume that there must be quite a large number of 'suckers' out there in the 'collecting' field!

• Like 1

So a piece of flexi track made in 2005 is now "vintage"?

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item45ffd05a2c

Just had a look on Tower's web site £81.60 for 12 lengths, that works out at £6.80 per yard.

With the discount that Tower offer its £65.50 for 12 lengths, that works out at £5.46 per yard.

But in the big City of Cartmel you can have 18" for £7.95 or a yard (I suppose) for £15.90, so for a box of 12yards £190.80. But it is vintage (2005) and hard to find and brass to boot. I don't think that I'll get any track from him!!!!!!!!!!!

That's unbelievable! OK, so the seller might have bumped up the bidding somehow, but the buyer must have put in a maximum bid of at least the final price... do these people actually have a recognised mental illness?

I'm trying to buy an old Hornby Pullman on ebay, the old sort based on 1928 stock, for a conversion project. As these have been superseded by the nice new models with working table lights, I was expecting to get one of the old ones for less than £10, maybe even £5 if in poor condition, which would be good enough for me. Believe it or not, these things are selling for £15 to £20 by the time you include postage! The phrase 'has the world gone mad' is over-used, but...

Cheers,

Will

Edited by CWJ