EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Gold

Maybe not. I had a motorised Airfix prototype Deltic running on a lima chassis. I had no problem selling it after the NRM version came out. Though perhaps that was because the NRM version was limited and was being sold on E Bay for very high prices.

This is rather naughty and misleading, selling Lima items and having a Bachmann box as a background in the picture. I have reported his items, but I note they have changed the way you report items, and can no longer write a detailed report.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lima-Class-20-Body-Only-Green-/221100064212?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item337a973dd4

• RMweb Gold

This is rather naughty and misleading, selling Lima items and having a Bachmann box as a background in the picture. I have reported his items, but I note they have changed the way you report items, and can no longer write a detailed report.

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item337a973dd4

And he does not post to Northern Ireland, I have asked him why not.

• RMweb Gold

His reply (See if you understand it) and my further response:

]Dear colin_mcleod,[/b]

As per the spiel at the bottom of the listing - I have a negative feedback from someone in the Channel Islands after eBay changed my postage preferences after I clicked submit for a listing. He didn't want to pay £30 postage instead of £6.50 & I wasn't going to out of my pocket on an item that I had only received £11.00 for. It repeatedly does this. I have had to specify mainland uk only to cover my back as this seems to work. I have attempted to open this up to NI too so hopefully you will be able to bid. I don't have anything against the regions of the UK! Last time something similar happened, eBay changed all my postage to just £2.00!

Regards.

- heyho2011

] [/b]Hi heyho

Thank you for your explanation. I am still a bit baffeled by what you mean when you say "I have attempted to open this up to NI too" as there is no difference in postage costs by Royal Mail between UK Mainland and Northern Ireland. The only thing you need to do different is put a Northern Ireland address on the package.

Anyway. I can't bid if your not sending to NI so unfortunately I'll have to keep looking.

Regards

Colin

• RMweb Gold

This chap has a reputation on RMweb for silly prices. This item is clearly inferior to the current Hornby offering, so his price is ridiculous

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TRIANG-Hornby-RS607-SR-SOUTHERN-LOCAL-PASSENGER-SET-/230586571806?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item35b007dc1e

Worse, he wants £65 to send it to me! That would make the total cost over £200. As it is, I paid £152 for the new M7 pull-push set, including postage from the UK.

Your point about NI postage being the same as mainland UK is a valid one, and his example of the Channel Islands shows that he's as confused about British geography as most of us! Jersey, Guernsey etc are not, of course, even part of the UK. We tend to think they are, but they're not - in theory, they could require UK citizens to show a passport, although this requirement has been waived, so it's hardly surprising that postage costs vary a bit from internal UK rates..

This item is clearly inferior to the current Hornby offering
His UK shipping price is hardly "economy" either. And looking at the loco wheels I would say rather more than minimal use. But it's a collectors item that's his business. For a modeller then the new Hornby M7 is far better.

Keith

Guest Natalie Graham

This is rather naughty and misleading, selling Lima items and having a Bachmann box as a background in the picture.

Not to mention listing it under 'Bachmann Locomotives'.

• RMweb Gold

Severly weathered Footballer loco. Apparently this is how the majority of the class ended their days, with splodges all over the bodywork and pretty much clean below the footplate.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SEVERELY-WEATHERED-Hornby-61662-MAN-UTD-/261080826206?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item3cc9a1415e

• RMweb Gold

Buy It Now for 75 quid or make offer.

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item4168125064

err would £17.99 + p/p be a good offer? Kernow still have them in stock, as I suspect do other retailers since they didn't shift at all well.

Funnily enough this didn't sell. He declined an offer of £20 (presumably + his £7.95 p/p) which was pretty generous. They seem to be going for around £19.95 + p/p but one went recently for £13.99 + £3.95 p/p)

He declined!!!!

Sometimes i cant believe people, surely youd have thought they would have looked before pricing things so ludicrusly high.

But then again it does tickle me to think these people think anything old ish in a box is worth a shed load!

James