EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Gold

That Hornby model looks a bit big for OO gauge or are my eyes deceiving me? And yet another seller who doesn't realize that writing a description in block capitals with little or no puntucation is a real turn-off

• RMweb Premium

has any 59 got that dirty?

I often wonder if any of these ebay "pro" weatherers actually look at real locos/stock. The same seller has a Colas 66 in a similar state - the Colas sheds are usually very clean.

Cheers,

Mick

This Dapol OO Gauge, Weathered 20T Steel Mineral Wagon is in very good condition or as new.

http://www.ebay.co.u...&_qi=RTM1089357

He’s also got:

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item4604aa461d

WTF, is that man? doing letting his kids play with paint and then trying to sell the results . (them).

OzzyO.

Edit. to insert results.

Edited by ozzyo

• RMweb Premium

I couldn't find the kids in his listings, have they been withdrawn? Perhaps they were too messy from playing with paint :-)

Actually looks like a general dealer rather than the perpretrator of said outrage, which is an insult to all PRO weatherers!!

Incidentally, on the general topic of weathered stock on ebay; if I sell some of my stock as "weathered by a professional" (true, I belong to a recognised profession) would it sell better?

I did buy an otherwise hard to find white metal kit built wagon from one of the much-derided "L@@K PRO" weatherers. It was quite well done compared with some of his stuff and cost me about what the kit would cost. It's scheduled for a repaint, not for his finish but to change the livery.

Pete

Incidentally, on the general topic of weathered stock on ebay; if I sell some of my stock as "weathered by a professional" (true,  I belong to a recognised profession) would it sell better?

If you weather it and sell it on ebay for more than it cost you then you too can call yourself a "professional". All "professional" means id that you make money from doing it - it doesn't mean you make a lot or that it is any good.

• Like 2

Talking about pro weathering how about this overpriced beauty. I know the base model is overpriced rrp from Hornby and has ugly couplings etc but...

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item3a759849d9

Not a bad markup for a quick pass with an airbrush! I would have thought that the roof would have turned black long before the sides got in that state.

• Like 1

All "professional" means id that you make money from doing it - it doesn't mean you make a lot or that it is any good.

Strictly speaking a professional is someone who has professed an oath as part of their training e.g, doctors, solicitors, civil servants, Earning money for doing a job is a trade or craft not a profession (and yes I know the term professional is hugely misued these days).

• Like 1

Strictly speaking a professional is someone who has professed an oath as part of their training e.g, doctors, solicitors, civil servants, Earning money for doing a job is a trade or craft not a profession (and yes I know the term professional is hugely misued these days).

In the other professions in which men engage,

The Army, the Navy, the Church and the Stage

Professional licence if carried too far

Your chance of promotion will certainly mar,

And I fancy the rule might apply to the Bar,

Said I to myself, said I. - Iolanthe!

Tell that to the non professional heating engineer the next time he comes to fix the boiler when you are freezing your butt off in the middle of winter :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: