EBay madness

Marcyg

Just, what is it? I think someone had an accident with a loco body and a soldering iron

And somehow it's worth 3 quid more than the same wagon with a fairly useable J72 body on. It's not that I don't like the modelling standard, it's the thought (or lack of) behind it.

Also "Ideal for a collector or to run on a layout"

Bloody hell, is that what people do with model trains? I'd never have guessed!

Edited by valeofyork

Funny that many of these wagons have the same bit of roof missing....it makes me wonder if it is a manufacturing or packing fault....

A few mistakes on the listing as well....

Possibly but the roof is rather fine and easily damaged (like the strapping below the body which is frequently broken off - as here!)

This will be the old "heraldry" thing regarding the later Crest.

The early (and best In my opinion!) "Emblem" was not a heraldic crest, and was made in "left" and "right" facing versions, so that the lion on the unicycle was always facing the "front" of the locomotive (usually the "A" cab on double cab locos...).

The 1956 Crest WAS a heraldic device, and it is just not cricket to have two heraldic crests for the one organisation/ family. In heraldry, it does indeed matter which way the lion faces, and the British Transport Commission was out of order in having versions made in "left" and "right" facing versions, so that the lion in the crown was always facing the "front" of the locomotive (usually the "A" cab on double cab locos...).

So...the right facing later Crest is the "wrong facing lion" transfer...and the BTC soon only used the correct left facing Lion transfer, so some lions went backwards!

The seller has got mixed up...and is calling the right facing early emblem lion "wrong facing".

I hope that helps clear this up? ;)

The point I was trying to make in my obscure way!

It was utter nonsense anyway - I thought the rear facing lions looked ridiculous at the time.

I first saw one on an assembled Kitmaster Prairie Tank in a shop window and thought they'd made a mistake putting the transfers on.

Edited by Il Grifone

• RMweb Premium

The seagulls have been engaging in target practice again! :jester:

Haven't they just.

Ive always been of the opinion that when it comes to weathering models, paint 'what you see', NOT what you think you see!

• RMweb Premium

Also-

Item specifics
Condition:  
New: A brand-new, unused, unopened and undamaged item

Hmmmmm............

Bargain job lot?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-DUBLO-PLASTIC-BUILDINGS-METAL-PEOPLE-ACCESSORIES-STATION-NAMES-Etc-/131037956053?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item1e827887d5

The only items worth anything, that I can see, are the Master Models figures and the Dublo insulating tabs and station names (and they are not worth much). Badly assembled Airfix building kits are pretty well worthless)

Edited by Il Grifone

Bargain job lot?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-DUBLO-PLASTIC-BUILDINGS-METAL-PEOPLE-ACCESSORIES-STATION-NAMES-Etc-/131037956053?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item1e827887d5

The only items worth anything, that I can see are the Master Models figures and the Dublo insulating tabs and station names (and they are not worth much). Badly assembled Airfix building kits are pretty well worthless)

There are also a few bits of the old R.71 Tri-ang Railways Footbridge...2 supports and a smokeplate. The bits that go missing...they are here! ;)

Merit (or similar) Fir Tree parts.

Most if not all of the platform steps/ WH Smith Kiosk and Tobacco (or fruit) Kiosk kit (Dapol or Airfix...).

An old Airfix complaints slip....in case of any missing parts...;)

A bit of Hornby Dublo 3-Rail type blue and white box...

Some coal type stuff. I know energy is expensive, but....;)

1 pair of the HD station names is missing...LMR Red (Lichfield?).

Price a little ambitious...a free listing again?

• RMweb Premium

Bargain job lot?

The only items worth anything, that I can see, are the Master Models figures and the Dublo insulating tabs and station names (and they are not worth much). Badly assembled Airfix building kits are pretty well worthless)

Un flippin believable!

And then the 12.99 postage on top! :O  :O