EBay madness

Marcyg

Went for £360.63. Bloody hell!

Look at the bidding. It's a private listing. What a big surprise. Also look back at the completed listings. There's another one from a different dealer, but with a remarkably similar description. That's also a private listing. Coincidence?

Look at the bidding. It's a private listing. What a big surprise. Also look back at the completed listings. There's another one from a different dealer, but with a remarkably similar description. That's also a private listing. Coincidence?

Someone's taking the (King's) "shilling"?

Does Gostude ever advertise anything which isn't (according to him) 'kit-built'?

Maybe they should be "kid-built"?

Edited by Horsetan

Someone's taking the (King's) "shilling"? 

• RMweb Gold

Bargain job lot?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-DUBLO-PLASTIC-BUILDINGS-METAL-PEOPLE-ACCESSORIES-STATION-NAMES-Etc-/131037956053?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item1e827887d5

The only items worth anything, that I can see, are the Master Models figures and the Dublo insulating tabs and station names (and they are not worth much). Badly assembled Airfix building kits are pretty well worthless)

Another junk shop dealer chancing his arm with a load of junk.

• RMweb Gold

"A great item for your collection".......  

What?.......who collects track pieces.....he seems to be too lazy to bother to change his 'selling' template

........come to think of it.........I've got a box full of early (50s) 00 (fine-ish)  riveted pointwork........mmmmm  :scratchhead:

post-6728-0-10665500-1383830008.jpg

Edited by Re6/6
  • Like 2

"A great item for your collection".......  

What?.......who collects track pieces.....he seems to be too lazy to bother to change his 'selling' template

........come to think of it.........I've got a box full of early (50s) 00 (fine-ish)  riveted pointwork........mmmmm  :scratchhead:

attachicon.gif017.JPG

Gosturde again!

(Sorry missed the e off the end of his name first time).

Edited by andytrains

• RMweb Gold

• RMweb Gold
  • RMweb Gold
  • RMweb Gold

"The loco is in superb near mint condition. However, at some point both front steps have been broken and repaired."

So she's not near mint then! (Corrosion and wear on the pickup is hardly compatible with 'mint' either).

You have almost to feel sorry for someone, who puts in 13 bids and still loses (hasn't learnt yet not to bid even amounts). Still they were lucky really and were saved from paying too much for this item (unbroken and with the box maybe, but as is?).

Never mind there's always this one (a bit of rust but it will clean up).

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINTAGE-Hornby-DUBLO-3231-DIESEL-SHUNTER-CLASS-8-1961-3-GREEN-VERY-COLLECTABLE/121209405288?_trksid=p2047675.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222002%26algo%3DSIC.FIT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D11%26meid%3D2541824384020773773%26pid%3D100011%26prg%3D1005%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D5%26sd%3D310777192137%26

(Why can't I find things like that in the loft?)

Edited by Il Grifone

A lot of items - unfortunately most of them are bakelite track which isn't worth much (especially rusty). The only really interesting item is the green compound, £800 is way OTT.

Love the descriptions though.

A SCORPION with a sting (pricewise) from our friend.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330923463613?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

It's not badly done, though the Bentley appears to be one of the plastic kits available some time ago and is roughly TT scale. (Harbutt's Replicars IIRC)

Edited by Il Grifone
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

A SCORPION with a sting (pricewise) from our friend.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330923463613?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

It's not badly done, though the Bentley appears to be one of the plastic kits available some time ago and is roughly TT scale. (Harbutt's Replicars IIRC)

What's a brake doing on the windscreen, repairable or not?

• RMweb Gold

Good grief...! I've got a few of these in a big box of empty boxes.

If I can be bothered, I'll have to put them up....there are one or two Hattons orders to pay for shortly!

Some of that stuff looked a bit brown to me. Are you sure they were seagulls?

I thought the diesel was some sort of homage to a Rev W Awdry book.  You know the kind of thing, locomotive gets cocky because it is all modern with shiny green paint; falls off the track for some reason and rolls down an embankment getting mud all over its lovely green coat; is rescued by an older, wiser locomotive; and then ends the day in Tidmouth Sheds having learnt his lesson and resolved to become A Really Useful Engine ;)

• Like 3