EBay madness

Marcyg

...and I just thought this was how many volts were required to run the real thing...!

Only 11,000V - it's probably a typo for $210, which is more like the real value (Rivarossi always were expensive).

How much will this go for?

It's my auction.  My son saw a Piko digital set that he just had to have.  We discussed that he would have to sell something to pay for it and the HST was chosen as he doesn't tend to run it much.   

I don't think it will go crazy as the set is not mint.

It's taken 354 pages for me to appear on Ebay Madness!

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Only 11,000V - it's probably a typo for $210, which is more like the real value (Rivarossi always were expensive).

Well, Rails will sell you one for £80, excellent, boxed.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RIVAROSSI-HO-1664-PENNSYLVANIA-GG1-ELECTRIC-LOCOMOTIVE-/190953041963?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item2c75b0302b

And putting GG1 into ebay brings up a lot of others, all more or less sensibly priced.

Edited by Oldddudders

• RMweb Premium

It's my auction.  My son saw a Piko digital set that he just had to have.  We discussed that he would have to sell something to pay for it and the HST was chosen as he doesn't tend to run it much.   

I don't think it will go crazy as the set is not mint.

It's taken 354 pages for me to appear on Ebay Madness!

Just a heads up, Jon. Have you looked into using Parcel Force to ship this?

I only ask as my Mrs uses it to post Equine Saddles occasionally. Due to the value of these, some in the region of 6 to 800 pounds each and the weight of them, she can get them shipped with full insurance and proper tracking for about £25. A saddle must 5 times the weight of that HST set!

Edited by Gary H

Just a heads up, Jon. Have you looked into using Parcel Force to ship this?

I only ask as my Mrs uses it to post Equine Saddles occasionally. Due to the value of these, some in the region of 6 to 800 pounds each and the weight of them, she can get them shipped with full insurance and proper tracking for about £25. A saddle must 5 times the weight of that HST set!

I haven't.  I'm a bit reluctant to use a service that collects from home as we are frequently out.  I Can you drop them off at the post office?

My plan was to get 2kg worth of stock into a parcel and send it special delivery (about £11) with the remainder going as a small parcel recorded delivery (about £4).

• RMweb Gold

It's also worth checking out Myhermes they can either collect from home or (if you have one locally) drop them off at a local pick up point (usually shops that are 'open all hours').  I started using them when the PO jacked up the prices for modest parcels, and my wife has a lot of dressmaking material delivered this way from other ebayers.

• RMweb Gold

Same seller has some 'David Bailey would be turning in his grave if it weren't for the fact he isn't dead' shots, of which this is prob the best (worst?)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-Railfreight-LWB-5-Plank-Wagon-Good-Cond-No-Box-OO-gauge-/400597496500?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item5d4578b2b4

It's also worth checking out Myhermes they can either collect from home or (if you have one locally) drop them off at a local pick up point (usually shops that are 'open all hours').  I started using them when the PO jacked up the prices for modest parcels, and my wife has a lot of dressmaking material delivered this way from other ebayers.

I cannot recommend myHermes enough. Excellent value for money.

However, they only offer insurance on parcels up to a value of £250. I have a feeling that Jon's HST may go for a teeny tiny bit more than that.

• RMweb Gold

Our friend has excelled himself with this, which doesn't even have a motor. And postage to me in Froggy France would be £300!

http://www.ebay.fr/itm/AEI-Western-Australian-Railway-WAGR-2-DO-2-XA-CLASS-LOCO-NILIGARA-BUILDERS-MODEL-/220906416755?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item336f0c6a73

Well it's free postage for UK bidders, so if you do decide to splash the cash you could save a fortune by collecting in person!