Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

EBay madness

Marcyg

Hmmmm, BARGAIN tempting very tempting, I was thinking of going over to the dark side.....right Paypal login details.....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/N-Gauge-Layout-4ftx2ft-DC-6-Sections-7-Electric-points-CDU-Controller-RTR-/161233498700?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item258a43f

And they have ten of them. We can all have a go! :jester:

Hmmmm, BARGAIN tempting very tempting, I was thinking of going over to the dark side.....right Paypal login details.....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/N-Gauge-Layout-4ftx2ft-DC-6-Sections-7-Electric-points-CDU-Controller-RTR-/161233498700?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item258a43f24c

The amount they are asking for postage is probably nearer to the true value.

Bernard

...BTW as I understand it Bachmann have declared the TPE version of this livery all but impossible as the shading goes from dark at the bottom to light at the top, in addition to all the other complications of the livery.

Here's the text of an email I had from Bachmann in response to my asking whether they were going to re release the 166:

The versions we have produced in First Great Western livery do not reflect the current livery application but  earlier versions of it before the ‘dynamic lines’ were added.

We are at present unable to reproduce the First Great Western ‘Dynamic lines’ livery which utilises a graduated tint. Graduated tints start at say 5% and move upwards to say 100%. Our Tampo printing process allows us to produce any percentage of tint but it has to be consistent across the who printing area. At present the technology we employ does not enable us to produce a totally accurate livery for First Great Western.

We have our team working on how we can reproduce this complex livery with its graduated tints but so far the technology to do so is not available. We are not the only manufacturer who face this problem with the current FGW livery.

I would be happy with the old version, TBH, but settled for the NSE one as I got it for £70...

• Like 1

The amount they are asking for postage is probably nearer to the true value.

Bernard

Oh I don't know, quality like that doesn't come cheap you know...............................................

(and the vendor is probably getting quite excited that 22 people per hour are viewing it - 'course he doesn't know they're all from eBay Madness........... :jester: )

• Like 1

furthermore, let's start it at £100 when another the same had only reached £7.90 at the time I linked it here:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lima-00-Train-Marchwood-/121278280438?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item1c3cbfb2f6

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Ex what?

One can only imagine "Excellent Condition" but ebay had a hissy fit at too many characters in the title...

I once sold a mini-moto on ebay and tried to end the title description with "FUN TO RIDE".

Having unwittingly exceeded my character limit, the listing was published ending with "FU"...

I do hope nobody was offended...

I see the seller also has two very very rare HAAs for sale !! ( two ?)

M b

Everything this seller has seems to be "new"  (? - 'used' surely?) and  "very very rare", even "Hornby v tankers" so rare there are seven of them!

• RMweb Premium

One can only imagine "Excellent Condition" but ebay had a hissy fit at too many characters in the title...

I once sold a mini-moto on ebay and tried to end the title description with "FUN TO RIDE".

Having unwittingly exceeded my character limit, the listing was published ending with "FU"...

I do hope nobody was offended...

Even 'FUN TO RIDE' could raise some eyebrows, but not among RMWeb members!

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

For info: This is an excellent firm. I've dealt with them several times for scenic stuff which they sell at very competitive prices.  I saved over £20 overall for the new release Noch  'Grasmaster' compared to the best over here.

• Like 1

Another blinder from Fartmel at £135.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINTAGE-KIT-BUILT-GWR-OCEAN-MAIL-COACH-/400669560838?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item5d49c45006

This is the picture of the VINTAGE KIT-BUILT GWR OCEAN MAIL COACH as it is listed:-

$_58.JPG

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by andytrains

Mainline wagons normally go for £3-£5 depending on the body as the underframe is totally useless.

The Deltic is awful and code 3, whatever that means, I presume re-painted, so worth very little.

No comment on the RM coaches!!!

I see in the description " 98 % of wires are soldered "

You just know what is going to give you problems when you all rush out and buy it !!

M b

Given that they claim to be professional layout builders and given that they don't claim it'll even be ready for pick up for nearly three weeks, you'd think they might solder up those last 2% :D.