EBay madness

Marcyg

My first guess would be one of these:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-LZ3AJfQaUxw/U0xXL0BM2DI/AAAAAAAAGXk/yXsEzX9kSHQ/s1600/IMG_2363+r.jpg

The frame for holding the trolley pole on the Blackpool "boat" cars, but nothing to do with Hornby-Dublo!

Ah yes. Now that you mention it I think you're right. However an idea of scale/size still might be useful to potential buyers.

Just to be nosey I had a look what actually SOLD from him.......

Do Hornby 9F's suffer from Mazak cracking or is this just cosmetic surface cracking?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-SUPER-DETAIL-BR-STANDARD-9F-LOCO-DRIVE-CHASSIS-ONLY-/132437117188?nma=true&si=XOo5kFwz%252Fnszr%252BErl%252B28xZ2GMCY%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557  

Page down to actually see the item.......

Tony

Well I have had a China made Tender Drive Hornby 9f that had mazak rot off the chassis block...

It was replaced by a Margate made chassi sblock, modified to take the better valve gear, etc....

(Hornby were most un-helpful when it was reported....nothing doing! )

The listed one certainly  looks like it has the lurgy to me!

Not so much a post about madness, more a question to satisfy my curiosity.  Does anyone know what on earth this person is selling?

s-l500.jpg

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Hornby-DUBLO-7-X-SOME-TYPE-OF-LIGHTING-OR-MAYBE-A-PLATFORM-FOR-SOMETHING/222795604756?hash=item33dfa72314:g:25EAAOSwQdRaWztN

For some reason, it makes me think there should be a plastic sea lion on top with a beach ball on its nose

Says its a complete kit but I cant see any motor, gears, wheels, interior etc in any of the pictures, so its probably a 'complete' basic kit, not a full kit.

I really want a 120 so might have to pitch in later on, madness or not, thank you for the link.

Edited by royaloak

• RMweb Premium

Says its a complete kit but I cant see any motor, gears, wheels, interior etc in any of the pictures, so its probably a 'complete' basic kit, not a full kit.

I really want a 120 so might have to pitch in later on, madness or not, thank you for the link.

The box label has the requirements for parts.

Knowing Charlie's kits quite well, I'd go for a Replica Railways powered chassis.

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford

The box label has the requirements for parts.

Knowing Charlie's kits quite well, I'd go for a Replica Railways powered chassis.

Cheers,

Mick

Yep, thats what I was thinking of using, I already have plenty of Trans Pennine bogies for the other coaches, I got a couple of trays when they were being sold off cheap a few years ago.

Just to be nosey I had a look what actually SOLD from him.......

Do Hornby 9F's suffer from Mazak cracking or is this just cosmetic surface cracking?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-SUPER-DETAIL-BR-STANDARD-9F-LOCO-DRIVE-CHASSIS-ONLY-/132437117188?nma=true&si=XOo5kFwz%252Fnszr%252BErl%252B28xZ2GMCY%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557  

Page down to actually see the item.......

Tony

It looks like imminent alloy failure to me. I would have left well alone.

There's a Hornby 9F chassis on the roll of shame here

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/123769-zinc-pest-mazak-rot-the-affected-models-list/

Edited by Il Grifone

Hmm, they have a ScotRail 150/2 too at £400.

The seller is of note though, a few years back they had dozens of cheap locos, based in Croydon they have option to collect and save postage.. so I bought and won, went to collect,. turns out it’s Cash Converters next to West Croydon station.

They price their items by looking on eBay....

They used to be a good source of cheap electronics - Hi-Fi, computers etc. - but don't seem as good of late. Our local one has had a valve amplifier for ages. It started around £120  and was reduced to £100 months ago. Still there last time I looked!

• RMweb Gold
  • RMweb Gold

Discovered when he moved in?, obviously had a good, high quality survey done then!

More interestingly, it seems to have been (semi) portable in that there are baseboard joiners visible.

Mike.

Looking at the layer of dust, that looks horribly as if someone died in the middle of "The Last Great Project" and the house went as part of the deceased estate.

• RMweb Premium

£103 in the end. Not entirely mad for something that isn't available now.

Cheers,

Mick