EBay madness

Marcyg

Not a railway item, but I found this with a "Buy It Now" price of $88.  Would you pay that for it?

s-l1000.jpg

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Triang-HO-Minic-road-ways-double-decker-bus-second-hand/182884657839?hash=item2a94c66aaf:g:JFIAAOSwT6pVwUEs

It's a 'Minic'  bus and collectible (hence the price). However this one is missing its tyres, seriously faded and suffering from warp (left in the sun?), so 'worth' about 50p (on a good day).

Edited by Il Grifone

• RMweb Premium

"I have never run this loco he did on his garden railway.It ran perfect"

And if you believe that, then pigs, do indeed, have wings....................

Cheers,

Mick

Indeed. With qaurtering like that, I dont think it'll be running anywhere!

I like the idea of a TTG HST but I never heard of a sluggish decoder.

I wonder how the mk3 coaches would look in matching TTG. Or would they be maroon?

I'd think they'd be maroon. For the late 1960's period you could also have a blue/grey coach or two within the rake. I think the power car needs to match the sluggish decoder, and to do that it needs heavy weathering to make it look very grimy.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I never fail to be amazed at how people buy on ebay. An item that I advertised for £xx inc p&p BIN or Best offer didn't sell. Shortly after I advertised for auction starting at £xx-10 plus £5 p&p and got more than the original asking price. Not the first time such things have happened either.

Edited by TheSignalEngineer

I never fail to be amazed at how people buy on ebay. An item that I advertised for £xx inc p&p BIN or Best offer didn't sell. Shortly after I advertised for auction starting at £xx-10 plus £5 p&p and got more than the original asking price. Not the first time such things have happened either.

Was watching a Class 24 with sound, the listing ended unsold at £149.00 + £8.00 p&p. The seller relisted the loco, £165.00 plus £8.00. If it didn't sell first time round at that price. . . !

• Like 1

Was watching a Class 24 with sound, the listing ended unsold at £149.00 + £8.00 p&p. The seller relisted the loco, £165.00 plus £8.00. If it didn't sell first time round at that price. . . !

I've seen that too. You do wonder if some people grasp the concept of free market economics.

As he put a starting price of 1p on them I think he's in for a pleasant surprise.

Given that there aren't going to be any new kits produced, he's played a blinder. He'll do even better if the winning bidder actually coughs up.

Given that there aren't going to be any new kits produced, he's played a blinder. He'll do even better if the winning bidder actually coughs up.

Anybody interested in a 2 car cravens kit - PM me.

(Unashamed touting)