EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Gold
On 24/10/2019 at 00:28, newbryford said:

I knew it wouldn't be long...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Revolution-JNA-T-MMA-DB-Cargo-EWS-5-Pack-Bachmann-Hattons-Hornby-66-60/383223771836?hash=item5939eab2bc:g:LaQAAOSwOTZdraK1

How Bachmann, Hornby and Hattons have anything to do with these is beyond me. I think he missed Lima and Tri-ang

This seller is well known for opportunistic re-sales of new releases.

IIRC, he is moderated on here...............

(His current items for sale seem to solely consist of Revolution NNA/JNA box wagons)

I think its to do with Ebay searches,  you put in revolution- it comes up. You put in Hattons- it comes up, you put in  Bachmann - it comes up, albeit much further down in the listings

Edited by Mattc6911

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Mattc6911 said:

I think its to do with Ebay searches,  you put in revolution- it comes up. You put in Hattons- it comes up, you put in  Bachmann - it comes up, albeit much further down in the listings

AKA keyword spamming - against ebay rules, not that they do anything about it.

2 minutes ago, leopardml2341 said:

It did sell though, are they really that sought after (it would seem so). Why though? That is a lot of  money.

• Like 1

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GW-Wheel-Press-from-George-Watts-00-EM-P4-gauge-no-instruction-for-quartering/153688382489?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1431.l2649

A new one is easily obtained for only £26 including post from George...

UPDATE

It sold for £52.51. Unbelievable... Plus £3.20 postage...

Edited by MarkC
Final price

58 minutes ago, Green Diesels SYP said:

It was my understanding that George was no longer producing these, hence the silly price on Ebay?

Nope. I see that on your Wanted thread Chris P Bacon has given you a screenshot of the latest price list (I see that prices have gone up recently; that's a newer advert than the one I had - have updated my own notes now :) ) , but still a lot less than that eBay sale...

I think that they tend to go for silly prices on eBay simply because George doesn't have an on line sale facility, and eBay is convenient...

Mark

• Informative/Useful 1

16 hours ago, MarkC said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GW-Wheel-Press-from-George-Watts-00-EM-P4-gauge-no-instruction-for-quartering/153688382489?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1431.l2649

A new one is easily obtained for only £26 including post from George...

UPDATE

It sold for £52.51. Unbelievable... Plus £3.20 postage...

A business opening there.......................!! 

• Funny 1

For anyone who knows of the Sangcheng and GRS prairies this is overpriced and also a known bad model. The collaboration many years ago was for the prairie and the the b set coaches.

Unfortunately the crap Chinese soldering and the poor quality brass used in the making of these makes them a buggar.

I have repaired a fair few of these over the years for friends within the Gauge 3 Society as they have a habit of falling apart rather like a clown car coming into the circus arena.

I do not own one of these as i dont like the way they are put together.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-5-GAUGE-GRS-262-PRAIRIE-ELECTRIC-LOCO/133207112750?hash=item1f03c33c2e:g:ms4AAOSw-v5dqbZ4

Buyer beware

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, MarkC said:

Nope. I see that on your Wanted thread Chris P Bacon has given you a screenshot of the latest price list (I see that prices have gone up recently; that's a newer advert than the one I had - have updated my own notes now :) ) , but still a lot less than that eBay sale...

I think that they tend to go for silly prices on eBay simply because George doesn't have an on line sale facility, and eBay is convenient...

Mark

My pricelist is dated 2014 and is the same. Amazing no increases in 5 years!

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, KeithMacdonald said:

Maybe SWMBO* said 'it's them or me' and he listed them hoping she wouldn't notice the postage.

*other household occupiers available

3 hours ago, KeithMacdonald said:

I thought they might have just put the decimal point in the wrong place but when I clicked on the link it said it’s no longer available, and it’s been relisted with the same high postage cost. Probably cheaper for quite a lot of people to get the train to Scunthorpe and collect in person than pay the postage. :laugh_mini:

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LIMA-RE-PAINTED-BR-SERCO-RAILTEST-CLASS-101-DMU-LOCOMOTIVE-2-CAR-SET-nt/333284533787?hash=item4d994e661b:g:KAAAAOSw8j1dQuMG

For once not madness, it actually does look reasonably well done (sorry, "professionally refinished"), and there's an SPT one too. OK, the price is a bit on the high side, but not stupidly as with some others. I have to admit, at around £150 I'd have been tempted, but £225 is too much for a second-hand LIma DMU, no matter how much it cost to convert.

Not so much madness but an unusual if slightly macabre scenic item.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Outland-Models-Scenery-Old-West-Gallow-with-Criminal-and-Officers-1-87-HO-Gauge/174080868684?hash=item288807414c:g:UKgAAOSwghZduUHI

I challenge the next series of the Great Model Railway Challenge to animate that...

• Funny 2