EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, CKPR said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KIT-BUILT-NS-GREEN-4-6-4-DAMPFLOK-TANK-LOCOMOTIVE-6015-BOXED-nt/113878657835?hash=item1a83b26b2b:g:w00AAOSwbsddciZf

Unless my eyes deceive me, this is a cut about Airfix  prairie tank kit on an old Tri-ang Trans-continental 4-6-4 chassis. For £149.50.

Nevertheless it is a “great item for your collection” even if the body is a bit “loos”.

Cheers

Darius

• Funny 2

3 hours ago, Darius43 said:

Nevertheless it is a “great item for your collection” even if the body is a bit “loos”.

Cheers

Darius

Loos - isn't that in France ? I thought it was supposed to be a Dutch (NS) engine !

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, CKPR said:

Loos - isn't that in France ? I thought it was supposed to be a Dutch (NS) engine !

I think “loos” might be a hint as the nature of the collection to which the loco should be a part...

Cheers

Darius

• Funny 2

3 hours ago, Gary H said:

So, you bought a nice Hornby Ruston DS48,  keep it for 3 or 4 weeks, wreck the match wagon and list it for £26 over the current brand new examples.

Genious.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-RUSTON-HORNSBY-48DS-WITH-VAN/123944266331?hash=item1cdba76a5b:g:GugAAOSwbcBdqZdG

Looks like an old Lima moulding?

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

It seems to be a badly assembled Parkside? kit on a Dapol underframe.  The Lima van at least has neat corners.

The NS locomotive looks like one of those 'conversions' we did years ago. Not bad, but not worth almost £150 (try shifting the decimal point maybe!).

I have a feeling out friends from the Netherlands would be upset to have their locomotive advertised in German!

Probably triggered by 'Dampflok', the suggestions came up with several decent models, albeit German, at half the price!

Edited by Il Grifone
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium
On 20/10/2019 at 09:21, Il Grifone said:

It seems to be a badly assembled Parkside? kit on a Dapol underframe.  The Lima van at least has neat corners.

Because I opened the link E-bay keep asking if I'm still interested. I opened the notice and clicked on a link for an unmolested model at £71:99. I duly ordered it when I noticed that the dealer is a regular here on RMweb. 

• Like 2

On 15/10/2019 at 21:08, Rockhopper said:

Has Lord Percy discovered a new kind of green?

• Funny 4

• RMweb Premium

I knew it wouldn't be long...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Revolution-JNA-T-MMA-DB-Cargo-EWS-5-Pack-Bachmann-Hattons-Hornby-66-60/383223771836?hash=item5939eab2bc:g:LaQAAOSwOTZdraK1

How Bachmann, Hornby and Hattons have anything to do with these is beyond me. I think he missed Lima and Tri-ang

This seller is well known for opportunistic re-sales of new releases.

IIRC, he is moderated on here...............

(His current items for sale seem to solely consist of Revolution NNA/JNA box wagons)

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, KeithMacdonald said:

Some (un)lucky punter bid and won it at £24...

Cheers

Darius

26 minutes ago, Darius43 said:

Some (un)lucky punter bid and won it at £24...

Cheers

Darius

GBP415 for express postage to Greece - wow. Just...wow...

The buyer has a high score too - presumably he did look at delivery?

I see that postage on all the seller's items is pretty high, especially for abroad, although not GBP400+ - something like that would certainly make me think twice about buying, unless it was a really hard to get item.

And perhaps his packaging isn't as good as his pricing should justify. Ouch!

https://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=daveinmcr&myworld=true&items=25&iid=-1&de=off&which=negative&interval=365

Mark

Edited by MarkC

1 hour ago, MarkC said:

GBP415 for express postage to Greece - wow. Just...wow...

The buyer has a high score too - presumably he did look at delivery?

I see that postage on all the seller's items is pretty high, especially for abroad, although not GBP400+ - something like that would certainly make me think twice about buying, unless it was a really hard to get item.

And perhaps his packaging isn't as good as his pricing should justify. Ouch!

https://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=daveinmcr&myworld=true&items=25&iid=-1&de=off&which=negative&interval=365

Mark

8 minutes ago, Damo666 said:

Maybe he's hand delivering it.

There's a two week holiday in sunny Preston thrown in as well :D

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

2 hours ago, MarkC said:

But he does supply freebies;

"Sent item in old food container with some sauce still in it and charged £4 post"

Not good for the recipient, obviously, but it made me laugh