EBay madness

Marcyg

Another rare finescale plaster model. http://www.ebay.co.u...=item2316da5575

And, oh yes it's not Hornby......and lo.... there it is in the Hornby listings! :nono: :scratchhead:

May be it's listed as Hornby, because whoever originally produced it used a Hornby model as the mould master! :D

I've sometimes wondered about that, and various similarities. :diablo_mini:

Here's one that no GWR fan should be without.

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item2a160c1bf3

The only connection with the Great Bear is the Pacific wheel arrangement, every other detail is completely wrong! and not in minor ways, cylinders, tender, firebox, cab, boiler, trailing wheels, the list goes on, but we should not be too judgemental, it is Caveat Emptor, and a buyer is nearly always there for such locos. Regrettably it may well be the loco a real GWR fan will not want.....

Stephen.

• Like 2

The only connection with the Great Bear is the Pacific wheel arrangement, every other detail is completely wrong! and not in minor ways, cylinders, tender, firebox, cab, boiler, trailing wheels, the list goes on, but we should not be too judgemental, it is Caveat Emptor, and a buyer is nearly always there for such locos. Regrettably it may well be the loco a real GWR fan will not want.....

Stephen.

Yes, it was said tongue in cheek. Surely you didn't think I was being serious . . . , you didn't, did you?

Graham

• RMweb Premium

Well, somebody somewhere loves the beast! Maybe it represents a fictional Collet re-build? (in your nightmares!)......

Perhaps its someone's dream that Stanier never left the GWR!

:cry:

Kevin Martin

• RMweb Premium

Not model railways but can someone please explain to me this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1964-FORD-CORTINA-1500-DEUXE-V5-C-LOG-BOOK-AND-PLATES-SALE-/120819929087?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item1c216dcfff

From what I can work out he is selling the registration log book V5, title and number plates for a car that is still registered with the DVLA yet it has been scrapped?

Got to be something dodgy about this. How can you sell a car that doesn't exist???? :dontknow: :scratch_one-s_head_mini: :nono:

• RMweb Gold

But he is not selling a car that does not exist. He is selling the log book and number plates. Not selling the title, just the bit of paper that gives him the title. He says openly that the car is scrapped.

Also, if the purchaser liked the number BFJ780B , it would be quite legal for him to tell the DVLA that the car was scrapped and apply to have the registration number transfered to another car

The only thing that would be dodgy would be if the purcheser of the bit of paper tried to use that to get the car registered in his name. Even then so what? I can't see anything dodgy.

People have been know to sell number plates from scrapped railway locomotives.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

The only thing that would be dodgy would be if the purcheser of the bit of paper tried to use that to get the car registered in his name. Even then so what? I can't see anything dodgy.

It's plenty dodgy. You could use the log book to give a stolen car a new identity. Also you could use a log book like this to fake something like a Mini Cooper using a bog standard Mini and a few bits. I'm not sure if a Cortina 1500 Deluxe carries much of a premium though.

• RMweb Premium

There aren't many Mk 1 Cortina's left that is for certain although it looks as though the DVLA computer as one more on it than actually still exists!! You could in theory I suppose purchase this 'car' and use it on a barn find Cortina that has lost its I.D. but something still strikes me as definitely not quite right here.

Guest baldrick25

There aren't many Mk 1 Cortina's left that is for certain although it looks as though the DVLA computer as one more on it than actually still exists!! You could in theory I suppose purchase this 'car' and use it on a barn find Cortina that has lost its I.D. but something still strikes me as definitely not quite right here.

I guess the real 'prize' on offer is the 'grandfather rights' to use non reflective , black and silver plates , which in these days of personalised numberplates could be sought after. I don't see the point really unless someone has a hatred for getting caught by speed cameras etc . Would be a red rag to a bull though in any following plod car - as the age of the numberplates ( are very unlikely) to match the age of the car.