Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

How to get lynched at a model railway show

BR60103

Put a copper chimneycap on a certain LNER pacific.

I believe that K.J. Cook [an ex GWR man] was persuaded to do this to a V2 when CME of the Eastern Region!

Jeremy

Edited by JeremyC

Guest Max Stafford

I often do this to P4 groups just to wind them up! :jester:

Dave.

Or the similar "Is this EM? to a P4 layout.

Cheers,

Mick

Ooo - new take - how to get lynched on this thread!

Getting lynched on the thread is easy, insert an inappropriate rude comment or toilet joke and you're away. Threatening Mod3 with a water pistol is unlikely to make you popular with him either!

• RMweb Gold

Well I thought the Fell was quite a good looking loco and think a working replica should be made.

:jester:

I refer the honourable gentleman to a remark I made a few moments ago (well, post #162)

• RMweb Premium

Dress up as Ringo, stand by a P4 layout and in a loud Ringo voice (nasal Scouse), provide a commentary / story for all movements, giving each loco a name.

"Rupert had been told by the fat controller that he had to shunt troublesome trucks all day and he wasn't happy, so he decided to go far too fast and bump the trucks, as well as stopping for no particular reason on the points by the goods shed"

Edited by Sandside
  • Like 12

Why not go for the jugular "that Fell is almost as ugly as the owners (sheep*) "

*Delete as appropriate, this is an equal opportunities thread.

Ooh ho, say that in my neck o' woods and you better learn how to work a weapon in your sleep.

Well I thought the Fell was quite a good looking loco and think a working replica should be made.

:jester:

I agree.

Live diesel locos are also available on ebay:

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item19cdfa726e

That is not a live diesel as its a sparking engine, not compression - so 'petrol electric'

LOL.

There must be a device that can do this! :angel:

There is an Iphone/Android app, you just need the wireless host address and port number - usually written in big writing on the card stuck to the back of the layout with the train address numbers....... Hilarity ensues as the poltergeist operator takes over

Dress up as Ringo, stand by a P4 layout and in a loud Ringo voice (nasal Scouse), provide a commentary / story for all movements, giving each loco a name.

"Rupert had been told by the fat controller that he had to shunt troublesome trucks all day and he wasn't happy, so he decided to go far too fast and bump the trucks, as well as stopping for no particular reason on the points by the goods shed"

:good:

I can picture / hear it now !, :laugh::..... Ringo, dressed up in full LNWR Guard's regalia, complete with Red / Green flags & whistle. Acting out the role, every time a train leaves the station.

• RMweb Gold

Not quite lynching but conversation today with another RMWeb member at Abingdon show

Stnmster 'Surely you're not working it with that mobile thingy'

A N Other 'No, I'm checking my email'

So if in future if you see anyone control a layout with one of those Blackberry 'phone style things you can always ask if they're looking at their email.

• Like 2

A design simlar to the fell once cropped up in my imaginations, a disscussion between an Artist and an Aleneian Civil servant.

The Artist complained that the design was blinding passengers.

The Civil Servant pointed out that it was senseless for form to overtake function.

Not if the form is Public health issue retorted the Artist.

The Civil Servant stated that what really mattered was there were passengers getting on the trains, the condition of their sight was irrelavent.

The Artist accused the Civil Servant of being a Fascist

The Civil Servant accused the Artist of Being a Communist

The Artist indicated that he had cardinal knowlege of the Civil Servants wife.

The Civil servant indicated that the object approaching the Artist's face was his fist.

The matter was not disscussed again.

That is not a live diesel as its a sparking engine, not compression - so 'petrol electric'

Wrong! It is not a petrol engine, its is a glo/nitro engine. It has no spark, and relies on compression assisted by a glow plug to fire, so calling it 'petrol electric' is in fact much much more inaccurate than calling it 'live diesel' !!!!

Wrong! It is not a petrol engine, its is a glo/nitro engine. It has no spark, and relies on compression assisted by a glow plug to fire, so calling it 'petrol electric' is in fact much much more inaccurate than calling it 'live diesel' !!!!

Good point as the fuel is neither petrol or diesel. The Glo Plug needs power on start up and then glows on its own. Unique to minature aero engines and being two stroke, a lot more power from small cc.

No mention of brakes on the model so fitted though. Does it have any?