Newbryford's mostly Yellow workbench - "it's a drag, man......."

• RMweb Premium

Thank you again....modern Klear used, Kal's efforts

med_gallery_17883_3145_213674.jpgrmweb773newID5

photographed immediately after done, so needs a night to dry out.

Hi guys,

Just a bit of the transfer edge showing.

I forgot to add that I sometimes use Microsol after the transfer has been applied on a flat surface to help the cut edges of the decal "bed-in".

20090/104 - passed my house on a railtour about a week after they were painted in Railfreight red stripe - many years ago.

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Great pair of RF 20`s there and be right up my street if I modelled the last days of BR.

Mick how`s the laser measuring project coming on ?

Hi Ken,

A timely reminder. I'm just about to try and do some more work on the current batch of yellow - which includes SGT2 977985. Need to dig out my small stock of red LED's and have a play.

Cheers,

Mick

Hi Ken,

A timely reminder. I'm just about to try and do some more work on the current batch of yellow - which includes SGT2 977985. Need to dig out my small stock of red LED's and have a play.

Cheers,

Mick

nice 1 shall look forward to the progress of this as with all your projects.

as for your small stock  " cough cough "   understatement comes to mind there MR loads of parts & projects all at the same time lol  :blum:

• RMweb Premium

Hope you've got another spare 67 Mick, There's another red one out now.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/37260/12717993155/in/photostream/

(I don't think we've got a DBS repaints thread on here)

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/75393-photographing-skips-the-class-67s/page-2&do=findComment&comment=1357803

Now where's my spare 67018..............

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

the BSO-megafret-BSO combo ended up top and tail to bicester......

http://plumbloco.smugmug.com/Trains/February-2014/i-VpgBM6M/A

pic by geoff plumb

And it worked back as Bicester-Crewe, with no obvious load or change in formation.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/66846271@N04/12682109695/in/photolist-kjF8nH-kuSqAC-kuSsqQ-kjsJtE-kjqgLB-kjaCfH

So much for a "small freight" - in 4mm, it's nearly 7' long............

Cheers,

Mick

Mick

A quick question if I may

If that ok. Now I have basically finished the first side of the 66, how many coats of Klear would you recommend before I turn it over and attack the second side. I don't won't to mess it up whilst handling it, although I will transfer it to a stand so it is not resting (leant) against which is how I have had it for some time (on a Peco foam). I assume you airbrush it? Thinned? or not. 

Edit= I want to really thank you for your help and advice, because without it I am sure I would have hit a wall... :banghead:

Edited by Jaz

• RMweb Premium

Mick

A quick question if I may

If that ok. Now I have basically finished the first side of the 66, how many coats of Klear would you recommend before I turn it over and attack the second side. I don't won't to mess it up whilst handling it, although I will transfer it to a stand so it is not resting (leant) against which is how I have had it for some time (on a Peco foam). I assume you airbrush it? Thinned? or not. 

Edit= I want to really thank you for your help and advice, because without it I am sure I would have hit a wall... :banghead:

Hi Jaz,

One coat of Klear should be good enough for now to protect the first side - especially as you're taking extra care with it. I airbrush (old formula) Klear without any thinners. I would guess the new formula will also work straight from the bottle.

Keep up the good work!

Tube livery next?

Cheers,

Mick

And it worked back as Bicester-Crewe, with no obvious load or change in formation.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/66846271@N04/12682109695/in/photolist-kjF8nH-kuSqAC-kuSsqQ-kjsJtE-kjqgLB-kjaCfH

So much for a "small freight" - in 4mm, it's nearly 7' long............

Cheers,

Mick

Be thankful your not modelling in bigger scale then Mick and would be a nice small freight 7` long then say 20 VGA`s or megafrets long

Hi Jaz,

One coat of Klear should be good enough for now to protect the first side - especially as you're taking extra care with it. I airbrush (old formula) Klear without any thinners. I would guess the new formula will also work straight from the bottle.

Keep up the good work!

Tube livery next?

Cheers,

Mick

Kal just mention Tube Livery out of the blue....then I arrive here....clearly I sans not the first :sungum:

Thanks I will use the Klear and airbrush, lets hope new style can compete with old style.

OMG I just realised the GBRF goes across the middle door handle etc!!!!! Did you just cut the vinyl to bits and add it piece meal.....I'm actually considering painting the rotten thing in. Kudos to your work.

Hey while he's gone, I wonder if I could get into his account and change it...........

Newbryford's Jaz's mostly yellow workbench...... :sungum:  :sungum:  :sungum: .........                                                                                                        :jester:

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

OMG I just realised the GBRF goes across the middle door handle etc!!!!! Did you just cut the vinyl to bits and add it piece meal.....I'm actually considering painting the rotten thing in. Kudos to your work.

Microsol is your friend.,

Mick

What Silver did you use for diamond Jubilee?

Alclad II lacquer - AL101

Hey while he's gone, I wonder if I could get into his account and change it...........

Newbryford's Jaz's mostly yellow workbench...... :sungum:  :sungum:  :sungum: .........                                                                                                        :jester:

Oi! B*gg*r off! :triniti:

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

Really, I thought it was just a grey colour, how did you work that out?

67026 is silver, as is 67029. The lower band along the bottom edge is grey - I used DB Schenker grey.

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

67026 is silver, as is 67029. The lower band along the bottom edge is grey - I used DB Schenker grey.

Cheers,

Mick

Talking of grey.

A little project that I'm trying to get finished for Ally Pally that has an affinity with the London area.

It's mainly grey, with a hint of "red", but has often been seen with yellow - can anyone tell what it is?

Cheers,

Mick

Talking of grey.

A little project that I'm trying to get finished for Ally Pally that has an affinity with the London area.

It's mainly grey, with a hint of "red", but has often been seen with yellow - can anyone tell what it is?

Cheers,

Mick

Nuclear wagons

• RMweb Premium

Hello,

I've found this site with yellow things, think you might like it...

http://cutandshut.weebly.com/coaches.html

Regards

Roy

Hi Roy,

Thanks for the link - Roland's original fotopic pages helped guide me into the wider world of yellow!

We've since swapped lots of info.

Cheers,

Mick

Nuclear wagons

Nope - it's a loco.

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 1