Kirkby Luneside (Original): End of the line....

Physicsman

• RMweb Premium

The shot of the tunnel mouth and viaduct is redolent of the S&C and that's how a good model should be. One should be able to identify the general locality without any trains on it.

So well done Jeff. B+ and looking good.

B+, eh? :O Not sure if that's good or bad. If you don't aim for the very best in what you do then it's not worth bothering....

So I'll monitor your ratings Peter.... Must admit I'm quite pleased with the potential that view across the viaduct offers. Funny how perspective can mislead the eye. A top view shows the portal to be about 25cm from the end of the viaduct. Looking across the viaduct, the portal looks to have receded a bit.

I'm getting there!

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

Jeff

I hjave to agree with you about Jasons brainwave. If KL on it's own is a vast source of information, how much is available within Lunester Layouts. :O

Duncan

Yes - and what I'm especially proud about is the way that the Lunester group has integrated into a very tight-knit bunch of incredibly helpful individuals with a massive range of skills. It's been said before, but it's almost like a Club.

You only have to look at KL to see the way that something I've suggested or done has gradually been modified thanks to the input of the Lunesters (and others, of course).

I wonder what others on the Forum think about all of this? Maybe nobody else cares!

Btw, I only updated the Index on Wednesday. 2 days later - and another 9 pages to check through! A job for tomorrow...

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

Hi Jeff,

The senics are looking fantastic, can't wait to see a 9f storming out of the tunnel.

Cheers Peter.

Thanks Peter - only 500 more hills to go! Must admit it's going to be a great day when that 9F DOES come out of the tunnel!!

Cheers,

Jeff

• Like 2

Incredibly quiet on here today - even by "quiet" standards. 

I'm just about to go and do some work in the bunker, so there may be a picture or two later on.

Jeff

It is fairly quiet, I have been down the shed all morning carrying out repairs following the "Sheddington Rail Disaster" all ok now track that is down including that which as been put down twice as been tested with Class 08 & is ok, so I am now at a position that I thought I was in about 18 hours ago

It has been quiet, the fact I reached number 3 in the top posters was a good indicator of that, however I'm pretty sure the floodgates will open soon.

After the snow melted away I spent a little time in the garden, bloomin wind was cold though so I retired to the conservatory to continue the detailing on the shed and covering up any niggly little holes.

I must admit the Lunester link seems to be paying dividends as visits each others threads seems to have increased a lot, that Jason is full of great ideas. I must admit I had seen the tags and thought they were a good thing but never bothered to find anything out about them, so thank you it does help in not missing things and lets face the way some threads move that is easy to do.

Pictures are always good Jeff so we will wait and see what you have got for us, catch you later.

Jim (on a tea break)

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Sorry to hear you've had problems Billy. But they often turn out to be "learning opportunities"!! As the Monty P song says.... "Always look on the bright....". Having said that, I wasn't following my own advice - and a few expletives emerged - when I measured up and fixed some ply in place - backwards!! Bl**dy hell!

Anyway, all sorted!

Yes Jim, quiet, the Tags are great and I'm about to download a couple more tedious photos for you all to stare at - before you say "oh, NO - not more pics of Lune Fell"!!

And guess what - Old Lune himself hasn't been on here today....MY WORD!!

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

Cheers Michael - I'll plaster the last section in the morning. The portal isn't fixed, of course - I still need to be able to move all the hillside sections when checking the wiring...

Btw, I've added another 2 legs under the subframe for reinforcement. It was gratifying to see that the timbers hadn't sagged a mm!

INDEX updated to the current page.

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

I was in school today doing some governor training. School's are quite surreal without the students.....

Quite agree Peter! I always went into work at about 7.30am, in order to sort out experiments etc. The Science Block without any kids seemed quite unreal at times. Then they arrived, and reality resumed!

Now I just sit in the bunker and dream of how much I miss going in to work.......  :no:  :O  :no: !!!!!

Jeff

Edited by Physicsman
  • Like 1

Quite agree Peter! I always went into work at about 7.30am, in order to sort out experiments etc. The Science Block without any kids seemed quite unreal at times. Then they arrived, and reality resumed!

Now I just sit in the bunker and dream of how much I miss going in to work.......  :no:  :O  :no: !!!!!

Jeff

Our neighbour's wife is a science technician and she gets in early too.

Bet you don't miss Ofsted though.....

• RMweb Premium

Our neighbour's wife is a science technician and she gets in early too.

Bet you don't miss Ofsted though.....

Peter, don't get me started. The school I worked in has had 4 consecutive "outstanding" ratings, but if I could get my hands on the twerps behind that organisation....

What's going on? I go out for most of the day and only 6 posts.

Disgusting behaviour :jester:

Duncan

Yes Duncan, I'm not too impressed either!!  :jester: I even did some work in the bunker and took some photos to spice things up and ....still nothing.  :cry:  :cry:

Jeff

Yes Duncan, I'm not too impressed either!!  :jester: I even did some work in the bunker and took some photos to spice things up and ....still nothing.  :cry:  :cry:

Jeff

I don't know! :nono: Some people have no patience whatsoever and expect us to drop what we're doing and comment :laugh:  :D  Well I'm sure we will all be back soon enough as you know you are never alone for long on here.

Hills looking good there Jeff, but the 2nd shot stunned me for a second or two, I thought 'he's started the Val..., Oh no he hasn't'. Well it is still panto season.

As for schools being quiet I think it was the same in industry except with machinery, when I used to let everyone go or open up after a holiday the shop floor was eerily quiet as I walked round doing checks, even more so when turning the lights out, almost spooky.

Great work again No1 and I'm sure the rest of the gang will be along soon.

• RMweb Premium

Thanks Jim. So quiet here that I popped over to Billy's thread to see photos of the man himself, in action with his hammer!

I see what you mean about that second photo. At first glance it looks like there's been mass tectonic activity in the valley and the whole centre is bulging upwards! But no! I stocked-up with more filler today and I've been tempted to go out and put some on. But no! That's something to look forward to in the morning.

I MUST get started with the fiddle yard electrics this week.

Btw, I received a limited edition B17 "Man Utd" today. It'll have to go back. First time I've ever had a cracked cab roof! Nice loco, too.

Jeff

Hi Young Lord Lune,

Well what a great day George T and I have had at Stafford, Bumped into Andy Y first thing and said that we would be having Lunester Party at the RM Web open day, he did look a bit bemused :O

We also had a nice chat with Poly and Ray, ( Southern 42 and Tender) all the way down from North West Wales, and met up with several other RMWesters, hahahaaa

Bought the bits I need to finish T and also bought some finescale electrofrog N Gauge points for Glenfinick :nono: , and got some great pics of Haymarket Cross as ideas for my next OO project :senile:

I am now going to have a read through to see just what you have been up to in my absence, I did have a quick look at the Hilly pics on my way down the page and it looks better.

Great Stuff, Old Lune :sungum:

• Like 1

Hi Jeff

Sorry, been out most of the day at a Brass band competition where my boys were playing, just got in to work for a 12hr night shift! Great photos of the viaduct, very S&C, I'm going to have to have another think about if I can fit a viaduct somewhere in my plans. Got a couple of modelling projects for when traffic quietens down later, fitting a decoder into a Hornby Stanier 2-6-4T and Fitting LMS 9ft bogies and Kaydee couplings to a Lima LMS 42ft Parcels van. BTW can I tag my S&C layout thread with the "Lunester" tag when I start it?

Ian

• RMweb Premium

Yes, I bet Andy Y looked bemused! I wonder if he has any idea about the Lunester subgroup and all the things we get up to!

It sounds like you had a very productive day. I managed a couple of hours and I've just been and stood in the bunker for 15 minutes, casting my eye over how I'm going to proceed. I'm fairly sure that tomorrow will be the last "hilly day" for a while. I need to sort out the wiring...

Good to hear from you Andy - you were notable by your absence!

Jeff 

• RMweb Premium

Hi Jeff

Sorry, been out most of the day at a Brass band competition where my boys were playing, just got in to work for a 12hr night shift! Great photos of the viaduct, very S&C, I'm going to have to have another think about if I can fit a viaduct somewhere in my plans. Got a couple of modelling projects for when traffic quietens down later, fitting a decoder into a Hornby Stanier 2-6-4T and Fitting LMS 9ft bogies and Kaydee couplings to a Lima LMS 42ft Parcels van. BTW can I tag my S&C layout thread with the "Lunester" tag when I start it?

Ian

Do you mean "can you do it from day 1 of the thread - when setting up"? Or do you mean "will the Great Lord Lunester (ha ha) allow you to do so - even if your layout turns into St Pancras"? The answer to both is YES. Get it tagged then we can access it very quickly with a Tag search.

If you CAN fit a viaduct in - even 2 arches over a road - then I'd recommend it. They look good, give a variation in height and add operational potential. How about a canal underneath? Andy P suggested that one to me, months ago, but I couldn't fit it in.

Btw Ian, you might find this of interest: http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/61523-masons-lane/?hl=%2Bmasons+%2Blane

This was a competition entry that Andy P knocked together in a couple of days (seriously!). It shows what can be done with an over-bridge - or viaduct!

Jeff

Edited by Physicsman

How about a canal underneath? Andy P suggested that one to me, months ago, but I couldn't fit it in.

Jeff

Hi Jeff

Canal would be good, but, the S&C is not raelly Canal territory, can you imagine  how many lock gates it would take to get a canal boat up to Blea Moor

Ian

• Like 1