Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

When the real thing looks like a model

Youattachicon.gifIMG_0713.JPG

Super detailed peak at my new halt. I think the sandpaper used to represent the platform face works well. Some weathering to do yet, obviously. CGI clouds, of course. A bit to regular I accept.

Thought the Hut spoils it would look real had it not been for that.....

• Like 2

It would be better with a tension lock coupling.

Stewart

The other end has one.

Bonus points if you know where it was photographed.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Super detailed peak at my new halt. I think the sandpaper used to represent the platform surface works well. Some weathering to do yet, obviously. CGI clouds, of course. A bit too regular, I accept.

The station grass is much too green, although the bank to the left is pretty good.  Loco's not bad, but I'd want to tone those buffers down a bit; far too glossy...

• RMweb Gold

Someone's beautiful garden railway - http://www.railpictures.net/photo/622603/

That's dreadful, everything straight out of the box on what looks like preballasted track, and overbright scenery.  Completely unconvincing; the proprietary couplers make the gaps between the vehicles far too wide.  A very poor effort...

Good repaint and detailing job on the loco, but too glossy for my liking, basic weathering with powders. Airfix Mk2 repainted but no branding applied yet, roof weathering pretty basic one colour wash.

Nicely painted Will Course Stone wall though, shame they didn't photoshop out the living room carpet behind the layout...  :jester:

https://flic.kr/p/Q7Gkb9

Wild Boar Fell

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

When I downloaded this image to my computer it reminded me of something that might have appeared in colour in the MRJ:

post-9751-0-41309800-1501772429_thumb.jpg

Weird early morning light conditions a couple of weeks ago at Quorn and Woodhouse.

• Like 11

• RMweb Gold

Good repaint and detailing job on the loco, but too glossy for my liking, basic weathering with powders. Airfix Mk2 repainted but no branding applied yet, roof weathering pretty basic one colour wash.

Nicely painted Will Course Stone wall though, shame they didn't photoshop out the living room carpet behind the layout... :jester:

https://flic.kr/p/Q7Gkb9

Wild Boar Fell

Just spotted this picture, one thing that I know about that loco on that particualr day is there was one of those modelu "big jim" 3D print figures in the driving seat, extra points for realism!

• RMweb Gold

Super detailed peak at my new halt. I think the sandpaper used to represent the platform surface works well. Some weathering to do yet, obviously. CGI clouds, of course. A bit too regular, I accept.

It's also best practice (so i'm told) to mix several different types of grass together before putting it in the Static Grass Machine.

Kev.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There's something about watching this that just screams model to me. I don't know whether it's because they've tried to fit as much in as possible in the space (It's tough to tell which are the through mainlines from the yards each side (bad modelling practice that!) and I especially like the container train split in 2 to accommodate an access road), or whether it's because they've helpfully not strung visible catenary between the masts to ruin our view (Good job of positioning the pantographs chaps!) But at least there's prototypical length trains :)

• Like 6

• 4 weeks later...