66709 gets a makeover

• RMweb Gold

Different, certainly wasn't expecting that, prefered it in black though, one of the few GBrf 66 ive not driven too

The picture on the side instantly made me think of father ted "that ship is small, the one on the horizon is far away"

• RMweb Gold

It's off to the NEC for the MultiModal 2012 exhibition (next week) - will be watching out for this on the fens ...

(Thanks to the guy who took the photo for the info)

It's off to the NEC for the MultiModal 2012 exhibition (next week) - will be watching out for this on the fens ...

(Thanks to the guy who took the photo for the info)

Your welcome :), it certainly looks good in the flesh, all the angles were a little tight for good broadside shots.

Kindest Michael

• RMweb Premium

Absolutely hateful! Hardly a 'livery', more like a cheap fly-poster.

Could be worse, it could be black - like most steam locos.................................. :locomotive:

Cheers,

Mick

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Managed to catch 66709 out in the fens at Manea yesterday, late afternoon, as she returns to Felixstowe from Hams Hall - I'll update this post with the details later

And yes, my camera does need a clean :rtfm:

Edit

66709, Sorrento, on 4L20, 12:44, Hams Hall - Harwich - "Ship" livery

Manea

26 May 2012

post-6662-0-89386000-1338111565.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Hi Das

I really like the photo above of 66709 on the fens.

Do you know why all the containers are loaded toward the rear of the train? Is it pure chance, or is there a rule that states containers must be loaded "back to front" and if so is this for engineering reasons? Or are the front wagons used as reach wagons to allow the train to back into a terminal somewhere?

cheers

Ben A.

Do you know why all the containers are loaded toward the rear of the train? Is it pure chance, or is there a rule that states containers must be loaded "back to front" and if so is this for engineering reasons? Or are the front wagons used as reach wagons to allow the train to back into a terminal somewhere?

I saw a freightliner yesterday with all the few containers at the loco end and many more empties behind those. So who knows!

• RMweb Gold

I think it's more complicated than it might appear, connected with both loading and destination = unloading, so the first wagons might be split off and go elsewhere on a train to Crewe (not a terminal) for example, which would mean only traffic for that destination would be on them, and if there isn't traffic but the wagons are still needed (for the next working) then they go empty. A train for a terminal would probably be loaded with different priorities.

• 2 years later...

Archived