Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Train Spotting... At Work

This isn't working...

Despite now being able to see the railway bridge from my desk, not only did I manage to miss Tangmere yesterday by being out of the office at the wrong moment, today I managed to miss Bittern when I was in the office! :-(

I may have to put a mirror on my desk so i can see the bridge without having to turn round!

Nice picture.

What's that in the cess on the left?

Looks like a blue jacket with an orange head???

It's a 'Stop Look Listen' sign for a UWC!

Is that a trainspotting bunny in the cess on the right?

Yes!

They cause fewer problems than the sheep we often get trackside!

• RMweb Premium

I have been known to time one of my driving lessons to coincide with meeting 6K05 at Daisyfield crossing in Blackburn. Especially if I knew there was something unusual on. Low Moor crossing in Clitheroe is another option!

Every few weeks or so, I do some work for a friend that involves an overnight stay. The next job is likely to be at Whittelsey in Cambs. I've been wondering how I can get near to Whitemoor for a nosey for a while - this'll save on my fuel costs, as he's driving.........

Cheers,

Mick

I did post a couple of pictures at the start of the thread but on reflection I removed them to prevent any issues at work. However today whilst returning to base I happened to notice this couple enjoying their trip through the purbecks. So using my own camera I grabbed a shot.

37409 Lord Hinton and Caroline

post-6849-0-78034900-1340391502.jpg

• RMweb Premium

Every few weeks or so, I do some work for a friend that involves an overnight stay. The next job is likely to be at Whittelsey in Cambs. I've been wondering how I can get near to Whitemoor for a nosey for a while - this'll save on my fuel costs, as he's driving.........

And just after typing the above, my wife finally decided that she had to go to a meeting at East Grinstead at less than two days notice. I volunteered to drive and spend the waiting time at Tonbridge, with a trip to Ashford.

Tonbridge provided a multicolour shot as well as more infrastructure yard inspiration

post-408-0-75785900-1340487517_thumb.jpg

It also raised a MRA question - which will shortly appear on the MRA thread.....

Cheers,

Mick

• 2 weeks later...

I've just got a new delivery point in Colthrop on the Reading - Newbury line. It's actually less than 20' from the line. While being unloaded yesterday 59004 went down empty and 59104 went up loaded.It would be nice to be there when a 60 comes through.

Pete

I thought you were supposed to be learning the 'box ;)

I'm sure part of learning a box invlves finding suitable vantage points from which to inspect trains as they proceed passed the box! ;)

I'm sure part of learning a box invlves finding suitable vantage points from which to inspect trains as they proceed passed the box! ;)

Which box is that (the photo in post 114)? And the colour light just round the corner with its ramp almost on the junction looks unusual.

Which box is that (the photo in post 114)? And the colour light just round the corner with its ramp almost on the junction looks unusual.

It was taken at Gilberdyke SB - the colour light as a three aspect signal. It's the starter on the Up Branch and marks the start of the Intemediate Block Section to Saltmarshe SB.

• RMweb Gold

No.3 in the Signalman's Book of Explanations as to why he was taking photo (I've heard them all before, including 'explanations' of why there was someone in the 'box taking the photographs for them).

Now that the hoarding's been taken down on platforms 5/6 at Reading, I keep looking out of the office window and seeing lorries going over Vastern Road railway bridge! (Obviously they're running on the empty trackbed north of the station, but it looks surreal!).

• RMweb Premium

I've got a break tomorrow at Three Bridges that nicely coincides with when the VSOE is due to go through. Going to have to pack the camera and hope the rain holds off!!

Now that the hoarding's been taken down on platforms 5/6 at Reading, I keep looking out of the office window and seeing lorries going over Vastern Road railway bridge! (Obviously they're running on the empty trackbed north of the station, but it looks surreal!).

To add to the confusion, saw a load of Transits going over the bridge backwards today!

Archived