Black Country Blues

Indomitable026

• RMweb Premium

I'm disturbed to see no mention so far on RMweb of the Serious Incident that occurred late this afternoon in the Exchange Sidings. The silence is particular sinister given the response of one of the operating team (the Political Commissar, perhaps?) shortly afterwards and I am concerned for the safety of the one onlooker who managed to obtain high quality photographic evidence. What or who was in the vans which left following the close of the exhibition?

Meanwhile the people will not be silenced and we eagerly await the RAIB's interim statement. Personally, I suspect from the pervasive aroma of Mrs Tweedy's Pies at around 16.15 that key personnel were Not At Their Posts when the calamity transpired. The Truth must be told!

I'm disturbed to see no mention so far on RMweb of the Serious Incident that occurred late this afternoon in the Exchange Sidings. The silence is particular sinister given the response of one of the operating team (the Political Commissar, perhaps?) shortly afterwards and I am concerned for the safety of the one onlooker who managed to obtain high quality photographic evidence. What or who was in the vans which left following the close of the exhibition?

Meanwhile the people will not be silenced and we eagerly await the RAIB's interim statement. Personally, I suspect from the pervasive aroma of Mrs Tweedy's Pies at around 16.15 that key personnel were Not At Their Posts when the calamity transpired. The Truth must be told!

Go on, do your worst... (for the sake of the investigation - obviously...)

What a blatant way to increase your thread count Chris, you can post more than 1 picture at a time, even I can do it! Surprised the mods allow it, would never have happened in my day, etc etc.

They're just feeling not loved enough and a bit needy. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

As we've recently announced elsewhere, we've added a new date to the BCB tour, in the form of a showcase event that we are putting on in Gnosall (near Stafford) on 8th July.  BCB will be on show alongside a selection of other layouts built by members of our group.

post-6677-0-72839200-1485321429_thumb.jpg

Further info in the exhibitions sub-form, in this topic

• 1 month later...

With the decals fitted and trimmed they were left to dry out and then the final few details were added.  The pre-painted buffer housings, jacking points and the resin handbrake handle cover, on the cab rear, were fitted with superglue.  Handrails and door handles, fabricated from .45mm wire, were also superglued in and strengthened with a smear of araldite on the inside.  Final fittings were the etched plates onto the bonnet front, one of a Yorkshire Grey, symbol of the Yorkshire Engine Co, and one for British Thomson-Houston, suppliers of the electrical equipment.  I had painted these gloss black and, using fine abrasive paper, exposed the raised brass of the etchings.

To protect, and blend it all together, I spayed on two thin coats of Dullcote;

attachicon.gifDE2 Build 31 016.JPG

attachicon.gifDE2 Build 31 019.JPG

attachicon.gifDE2 Build 31 020.JPG

and a couple of works photos;

attachicon.gifDE2 Build 31 024 Works 1bw.jpg

attachicon.gifDE2 Build 31 023 Works 2bw.jpg

Nearly there, weathering and final details, and she’s done.

TBC

Hi, I used to live in Pensnett, "Round Oak to Bagrage line", one of these used to travel past my garden every day, I WANT AN OO GUAGE MODEL of this, ""bee stripes on cab as well" can you supply or tell me who could. PLEASE

Hi, I used to live in Pensnett, "Round Oak to Bagrage line", one of these used to travel past my garden every day, I WANT AN OO GUAGE MODEL of this, ""bee stripes on cab as well" can you supply or tell me who could. PLEASE

You would have to make a Judith Edge kit as Arthur has or wait (probably a long time) until someone produces a ready-to-run item.