Railex 2013 Aylesbury 25th & 26th May

David Bigcheeseplant

• RMweb Gold

Thats because of the way you behave , the school kids ways are rubbing off on you  .

They learn from me Mike! I need no excuse to behave like a 6 year old, that's why I hang around with you lot!  :jester:

Brinkly, on 31 May 2013 - 08:56, said:snapback.png

(At DRAG I am referred to as a 'juvenile!')

Redundant indefinite article in there Nick :jester:

Why? According to my oldest OED Juvenile was accepted as a noun as well as an adjective when trains were mostly pulled by steam locos and Dr. Beeching was unknown outside ICI. 

Exactly David, noun as Brinkly wrote it, adjective if you take out the indefinite article (and a somewhat different meaning in the process).

You're quite right and I must apologise for being pedantic about not being pedantic when you weren't. The noun and adjective do indeed carry different meanings.

Well as promised a few days back, here is the first instalment of the piccies that I took at Railex.

Tucking Mill

attachicon.gifTucking Mill 1.JPG

attachicon.gifTucking Mill 2.JPG

attachicon.gifTucking Mill 3.JPG

attachicon.gifTucking Mill 4.JPG

Bucks Hill

attachicon.gifBucks Hill 1.JPG

attachicon.gifBucks Hill 2.JPG

attachicon.gifBucks Hill 3.JPG

More to follow once I've had a chance to re-size them

SS

... thank goodness, some more show report postings to get us back on track with this thread. To be honest I was getting a little lost with the recent posts.. hope it gets back on track again. Some good shots and videos from those attending... to rub salt into the wounds of those that couldn't make it  ;)

• RMweb Premium

Sorry for the interruption in this post.

St Ruth

post-9897-0-15005500-1370158779_thumb.jpg

post-9897-0-87825000-1370158815_thumb.jpg

post-9897-0-32019200-1370158834_thumb.jpg

post-9897-0-90768600-1370158851_thumb.jpg

Polbrook Gurney

post-9897-0-22082300-1370158896_thumb.jpg

post-9897-0-99969300-1370158935_thumb.jpg

post-9897-0-94935400-1370158958_thumb.jpg

post-9897-0-62308300-1370158983_thumb.jpg

post-9897-0-01659500-1370159014_thumb.jpg

Well that's the end of this session, it's time for a leisurely trip over the moor to the Exeter Show.

Having seen the post's on that thread I shall take the camera.

Cheers SS

If you know of any links to photos or videos of Railex could you let me know as we will put a link to these on our website, or just keep posting them here

Our numbers were up on last years show, it seems this years show a distant memory now roll on to May 24th & 25th 2014.

One thing that still amazes me it the very large distances people travel to come to Railex, Aberdeen and South of France this year plus a visitor from Austraia who was over here but wanted to tie Railex in with a visit to the UK. 

Next Friday 7th June have a new members evening at our clubrooms in Princes Risborough so if you live locally or in the area pop along, we also have a modelling day on the Saturday 8th so pop in and say hello. see our website http://www.rdmrc.org.uk/

David

Just looked in on the last page as it is rather late. I like your layout particularly the pictures in post 320. The station entrance in 323 is very nice too, as is the run down workshop with farm equipment outside. Will come back and check out the rest later. 

• RMweb Premium

Black and decker boy. These are terrific videos of 3 great model railways - many thanks for putting these together and for posting them for us all to see.

Thanks too to Siberian Snooper for his photos.

John

Fourteen pages and we are still getting posts nearly three weeks after the show! I don't think any other show has had the amount of posts Railex had this year even Warley.

In a month or two I shall get the Railex 2014 info posted here.

Remember I try and listen to what people want in a show, so if you have suggestions or what to see a layout just let me know.

David

• RMweb Gold

Remember I try and listen to what people want in a show, so if you have suggestions or what to see a layout just let me know.

David

Can we have Bucks Hill again please and a special RMweb invitation to operate it too.

Can we have Bucks Hill again please and a special RMweb invitation to operate it too.

Maybe in a few years time, I not too sure if it is likely to be exibited anywhere else as Kevin Wilson likes to be within travelling distance of home and would only take Bucks Hill to a fine scale modellers show so really its only Railex that bits both catagories.

David

Archived