DerekEm8

Please Note NEW VENUE

expoEM North 2012

GEORGE H. CARNALL LEISURE CENTRE

KINGSWAY PARK, DAVYHULME, MANCHESTER M41 7FJ

Saturday 15th September 10-30am to 5-30pm

Sunday 16th September 10-00am to 4-30pm

The Leisure Centre is adjacent to Junction 9 on the M60

There is ample free parking, easy disabled access and snacks and light refreshments are available on site.

Layouts

Alkham
Ian Hollis

Angel Bank
Chris Hewitt

Anderstaff Yard
Brendan Walsh

Foundry Lane
Mark Forest

Glaisden
Ian Worthington

Hemyock
Chris Lamacraft

Hubberholme
Dave Seymour

Kitehouses
Tony Sullivan & Dave Hawkins

Mansfield MarketPlace
Tony Gee & Ken Hill

Merthyr Riverside
Rob Kinsey

Ogden Fold
South Hants MRC

Shoreham Street
Mike Whitchurch

Traders

Alan Gibson

247 Developements

Ambis Engineering

Bill Hudson Transport Books

Brassmasters

C&L Finescale

Comet Models

Coopercraft & Blacksmith Kits

DC Kits

EMGS Trade

Eileens Emporium

G.F. Controls

High Level Kits

Hobby Holidays

Judith Edge Kits

Lanarkshire Models and Supplies

London Road Models

RT Models

Modelex

Shawplan

Wizard Models & Model Signal Engineering

Stevenson Carriages & Millholme Models

David Geen kits

James Hudson -Quality Second hand books

Everything But Trains

Plus
top quality demonstrators will also be in attendance.

Members Sales.

Mr Belfield in attendance?

Hi David,

AB stepped down after last year but should still be in attendance. (Giving us ear-ache no doubt)

Will you be visiting ?

Derek

Any plans to have a Members Sales stand as at Expo EM?

I understand so Martin, only problem is all of those people from the Rochdale MRG - can't think whom - who were suppossed to be helping run it have err b8gg88d off to the Ramsbottom Festival to see the Inspiral Carpets that weekend, and will no longer be gracing the show with their presence. I'm sure Derek will find some more than capable mugs volunteers :help:

I understand so Martin, only problem is all of those people from the Rochdale MRG - can't think whom - who were suppossed to be helping run it have err b8gg88d off to the Ramsbottom Festival to see the Inspiral Carpets that weekend, and will no longer be gracing the show with their presence. I'm sure Derek will find some more than capable mugs volunteers :help:

Martin,

Yes we do plan to have a members sales stand on both days, even though certain members of the Rochdale mob have decided (after previously agreeing to help run the stand) that a noisey boozey weekend elsewhere is more to their taste. However other Rochdale members are attending with Ian Worthingtons 'Glaisden' layout.

Break out the football rattles and celebrate! On our side of the Pennines!

Hope it's a huge success.

Roger

Thanks Roger

Hope to see you there.

Martin,

Yes we do plan to have a members sales stand on both days, even though certain members of the Rochdale mob have decided (after previously agreeing to help run the stand) that a noisey boozey weekend elsewhere is more to their taste. However other Rochdale members are attending with Ian Worthingtons 'Glaisden' layout.

Could help out if you're in need of staffing! Please let me know if required

though certain members of the Rochdale mob have decided (after previously agreeing to help run the stand) that a noisey boozey weekend elsewhere is more to their taste.

To be fair there were external influences at work in our decision to go to Rammy to watch the trains go by on the ELR (and watch bands and booze) in the form of other halves. I only see Derek a few times a year, I see Mrs C daily. No brainer really!

I would though encourage all to visit the show, whilst i shall miss the quirkiness of Slaithwaite, at last its on the right and proper side of the Pennines, no requirement to get your passport stamped AND if you need permisiion to go suggest to your own domestic powers that be that you will drop her off at the Trafford Centre, just the other side of the Motorway from the Exhibition Hall.

• RMweb Premium

Great move for me. Will take me all of twenty minutes to get there. Rubbish for public transport though - at least for trains, I don't know about those funny double-decker things with rubber tyres.

Any chance you can arrange for main Expo to move from Bracknell? I used to go regularly when it was at Bletchley but haven't been since it moved. Otherwise you might just as well call it Expo EM South. :declare:

David

• RMweb Premium

Any chance you can arrange for main Expo to move from Bracknell? I used to go regularly when it was at Bletchley but haven't been since it moved. Otherwise you might just as well call it Expo EM South. :declare:

David

Don't mention Bletchley & ExpoEM in the same sentence, WW III and all that :no:

Amended for another late addition to the list of traders.

David Geen Kits

Get even better dunnit !

How easy is the venue to reach by public transport? My Senior Railcard and bus pass are ready and waiting!

Chris

Chris,

Still sorting the public transport details. The TFGM website is http://www.tfgm.com/journey_planning

If you enter the post code M41 7FJ it does give options of combined rail/metrolink/bus.

FWIW try and avoid buses via the Trafford Centre (unless you want to leave your other half there for the day with your credit card and that would'nt help our traders would it) !

There are 2 stations Urmston and Humphrey Park which both have bus connections stopping at the centre.

But be aware (I checked yesterday) you can only use a Greater Manchester issued bus pass on the Metrolink, except where your rail journey requires you to change between (railway) stations.

• 2 weeks later...

How easy is the venue to reach by public transport? My Senior Railcard and bus pass are ready and waiting!

Chris

Chris,

The following info posted by one of our merry band of helpers may be of use.

'Members should get the 256 bus from Piccadilly Gardens to the leisure centre. They run at 10 minute intervals on Saturdays and 30 minutes on Sunday. Journey time is around 37 minutes.

The current leaflet is at http://www.tfgm.com/...6_X58_28329.pdf

The bus stop for EXPO is at Lostock Road/Moss Vale Hotel

There are other ways but it involves more changes and is not much quicker. Simplest is best!'

Archived