expoEM North 15th -16th September 2012 - New Venue

DerekEm8

• RMweb Gold

I noticed earlier tonight that the opening times were not on Derek's opening post, these are-

Saturday 10.30am - 5.30pm

Sunday 10.00am - 4.30pm

Thought I should put these on in case anyone turned up at 10 on Saturday wondering why they couldn't get in!

I noticed earlier tonight that the opening times were not on Derek's opening post, these are-

Saturday 10.30am - 5.30pm

Sunday 10.00am - 4.30pm

Thought I should put these on in case anyone turned up at 10 on Saturday wondering why they couldn't get in!

Thanks Paul.

They can always go in the cafe and have a brew and a bacon buttie :O :o :O

I will be definately having a presence at Expo North this year. I've just lent all my shunting goods stock to Ian Worthington for use on Glaisden. Wouild that entitle me to free entry if I did turn up?

I think you might have to see the exhibition manager and see what he says.

After all we don't want any drunken,half deaf ex Ramsbottom festival layabouts littering the place do we. ??

Thanks to Pauls post above the opening times have been added and a reminder that the members sales stand will also be available.

For those who may not know Roy Jackson,Geoff Kent and the Retford group will be demoing at expoEM North.

I will do you a deal! You be gentle with me and I will be gentle with you!

please feel free to cause me some mild physical pain until I stop being silly.

And there's me trying to rise above all this nonsense....

I rest my case... :O

(Will enter new venue with tin hat donned).

P

At least they'll have one GC engine now......I've just finished it!!

But Pete, he's asked me for a loan of me Fairburn tank, but it'll only run on nice flat track so with the speed that this layout has had to be built the track will be anything but flat. The Fairburn has been driven over 1mm matchsticks and has been witnessed doing such but GC track was notorious....

TFIC

Dave Franks

Me Gentle???? No chance....

But Pete, he's asked me for a loan of me Fairburn tank, but it'll only run on nice flat track so with the speed that this layout has had to be built the track will be anything but flat. The Fairburn has been driven over 1mm matchsticks and has been witnessed doing such but GC track was notorious....

TFIC

Dave Franks

Me Gentle???? No chance....

Dave,

An interesting concept but how do you get the power to the 1mm matchsticks. :no: :no: :no:

• RMweb Premium

Now Tony you know you and Ken are always up for a challenge and you have had since last November. :no: :no: :no:

What are you doing for Next Year ?

I can 100% guarantee that you won't have a new layout from us for next year, or the year after etc.

No room left for new layouts and no plans/ideas/dreams at all in the pipeline.

So if you want us there, it will have to be with one of the 9 EM layouts we already have or as a demo.

If we had enough stock and operators, plus a big enough vehicle and a couple of days to set them all up, we could possibly do the whole show for you.

Our efforts over the coming months/years will be very much on finishing some of the half done jobs we have on the go, including getting a certain old GCR layout running again.

One thing I do want to do is to do a "proper" job on Mansfield Market Place. I am pleased with the way it is looking so far and can see the potential it has, especially if it is being run with a full set of correct period GCR locos and stock.

We have 7 locos already (including Pete's latest) plus a few more on the way. "Valour" on a 7 coach rake anybody? One day.....

Just In case I don't get on RMWeb tomorrow night.

Please come and say hello and perhaps I can put some more names to Faces/Avatars. I'll be the bespectacled,grey haired,bearded delicate little chap with the managers badge on probably looking a bit pensive for a while.

But as can be attested by many on here I do like a good chat.

As can be seen by many of the above posts many RMWeb members will be in residence all weekend so say hello!

Talking to operators, demonstrators and traders (and parting with cash to them) (the traders that is) is positively encouraged at expoEM North

Just In case I don't get on RMWeb tomorrow night.

Please come and say hello and perhaps I can put some more names to Faces/Avatars. I'll be the bespectacled,grey haired,bearded delicate little chap with the managers badge on probably looking a bit pensive for a while.

But as can be attested by many on here I do like a good chat.

As can be seen by many of the above posts many RMWeb members will be in residence all weekend so say hello!

Talking to operators, demonstrators and traders (and parting with cash to them) (the traders that is) is positively encouraged at expoEM North

Delicate ?!???!!!???

• RMweb Premium

Well, considering the state the layout was in a couple of weeks ago (almost non existent) we are just about ready to go. A couple of jobs for the morning, such as marking the position of the uncoupling magnets and adding the figures that my girls have painted for me today and we have got where we are going to get to! I hope the layout performs well and at least gives an idea as to what it will look like when more is done.

I expected to be bouncing off the ceiling by now but I am genuinely quite relaxed and looking forward to the weekend. It is always a thrill exhibiting a new layout for the first time and knowing this is the last time that will happen, for the foreseeable future, I am determined to be totally chilled about the whole thing.

After all, it is only a model railway and as I have often said before I show, I am here to enjoy myself and there is nothing that anybody can say or do to spoil it...............

And that is not a challenge to Messrs Franks, Evans, Belfield, Jackson or any other silly beggar that thinks that they want to try!

Here's to a good one!

Archived