Members Day 2012

Andy Y

Got back late afternoon Monday as stayed with a friend Saturday and Sunday night. I too noticed the lack of photos / photographers and assumed that there would be someone else doing it so left my camera and flash in the car!

I think Soddes Law operated and everyone assumed the same as me. In order to avoid that next year I will volunteer to do the job next year as it will add something to my day and I am on the cusp of adding a mains powered flash head to my equipment register plus a reflector brolly and other bits. I can also take some informal shots of the people there and make up a proper portfolio and even a minidisc for distribution to overseas members. My camera does videos as well.

Must admit I took the conscious decision not to take my camera thinking there would be loads taking photos of exactly the same thing, and the thread would be littered with them. Just goes to show!

Got back late afternoon Monday as stayed with a friend Saturday and Sunday night. I too noticed the lack of photos / photographers and assumed that there would be someone else doing it so left my camera and flash in the car!

I think Soddes Law operated and everyone assumed the same as me. In order to avoid that next year I will volunteer to do the job next year as it will add something to my day and I am on the cusp of adding a mains powered flash head to my equipment register plus a reflector brolly and other bits. I can also take some informal shots of the people there and make up a proper portfolio and even a minidisc for distribution to overseas members. My camera does videos as well.

If you wouldn't mind being snapper for the day David it would be warmly welcomed. There used to be a tim when I got the chance to do photos and video but that went by the way a few years back I'm afraid as the event has grown.

• RMweb Gold

Can you go back and do this year's event for us ?

Double disappointed first due to family commitments I had to for go my calendar noted visit to the RM Members day but then a 2nd disappointment in the lack of picvids appearing on the forum.

So gents if you took some picvids please post them up for those of us who were unable to make it.

Great offer David and I see warmly welcomed by Andy Y.

As I write this I see others are making similar comments, if only that could happen eh Stubby47.

Regards

• RMweb Gold

Like most in attendance I stood around talking rather than doing anything else (apart from filing point blades!)

here's a couple of Fourgig, very blurry, sorry ....

post-6717-0-31963900-1341924746_thumb.jpg

ohh look at those legs!

post-6717-0-42310400-1341924970_thumb.jpg

The main problem is that Andy has a time shift/dimension issue in that what should have been 8 hours spent there actually only took 30 minutes - I'm making up for it at work today though :lol:

• Administrators

Hi all,

I just wanted to post a message thanking everyone for making the day such a huge success. This was my first Stafford Member's Day and I am pleased to say that it more than lived up to my (and the rest of the BRM team's) expectations!

I spent a lot of time talking to members about BRM and RMweb, but also listening (sorry if I snopped on a few conversations) as I wanted to get a feel for what makes these days so special and unique. I was impressed with how friendly and forthcoming with information everyone was. Conversations ranged from layout topics on RMweb, sharing knowledge on modelling techniques, reviewing models, planning exhibitions... the list goes on. Ultimately, the Members Day is a chance for RMweb 'friends' to meet each other away from the Forum. Add into the equation some stunning layouts and some great instructional demonstrations, and you're left with a pretty special event. Congratulations to everyone who made it such a success!

A day like this is really important to BRM and Warners Group Publications. I spoke with a number of people about the magazine, discussing plans for the future and sharing ideas for possible projects for the coming months and years. At a big exhibition you don't get the chance to do this, which is why the Member's Day is so important to us! Thank you.

Thanks all,

Steve

Brand editor - BRM, RMweb, MRL and Shows

Yeah I know CB but you all had such a great time the lack of pics is making me feel even worse about missing out.

Thanks Ian [RGM] for posting up ur pics and Fourgig is looking great.

Trying to be patient.

Regards

Can you go back and do this year's event for us ?

Absolutely! I have just finished talking to Andy Y and suggesting that we reassemble the whole thing. I think he agreed but the line went all screechy. I wasn't sure whether it was feedback from a dodgy microphone or someone screaming. I heard something about pills and a straitjacket and the line then went dead.

Sorry about the picture quality; I only brought my phone in with me... blurry but hopefully you'll get the gist of my areas of interest

post-8351-0-44755000-1341950177_thumb.jpg

post-8351-0-64886000-1341950191_thumb.jpg

post-8351-0-28203300-1341950184_thumb.jpg

post-8351-0-65372900-1341950198_thumb.jpg

post-8351-0-61803200-1341950204_thumb.jpg

post-8351-0-45058100-1341950211_thumb.jpg

post-8351-0-23139400-1341950218_thumb.jpg

post-8351-0-96542100-1341950224_thumb.jpg

post-8351-0-09883500-1341950232_thumb.jpg

post-8351-0-58212500-1341950257_thumb.jpg

post-8351-0-00153200-1341950265_thumb.jpg

As I say, they suffer from quality ... of the user as much as the camera. However, on Sunday, I had my DSLR and had a play on some bigger ones... so I thought I'd link that in too... as it made a jolly good weekend of it! And a couple of RMWebbers that didn't make it on saturday were there on Sunday... see if you can spot an elusive doom ridden penguin peering around a Mk1 awaiting an encounter with a deltic

Jon

Hello everyone.

I hope these few images which I took last Saturday are uploaded correctly. I am new to this game of uploading images to the RM web so if they arrive wrongly formatted or are mis-sized I apologise.

Greyscroft Mine

[attachment=189624:100_3046S.jpg]

Abbotswood Junction

post-12469-0-14930300-1341955292.jpg

Ravenscliffe

Pen Y Bont

Best wishes

CC

My thanks go to Mr Dukedog for allowing my newly acquired class 22 to be the first diseasel to run on Pen-y-Bont. there is a picture of the event elsewhere in this thread.

I am surprised by the lack of photo's of Member's Day on here because there seemed to me to be someone pointing a camera at every layout I looked at. Maybe they are just shy?

Ed

Looks like a bit of a rough shunt has taken place there.

How did you get that conflat to do a wheelie?

I spent absolutely ages watching Pen-y-Bont and didn't see one mishap. Perhaps its because I didn't have a camera?

To be honest, PyB was my primary reason for going, I wanted to see it before Frank sold it on. This has been one of my favourit layouts on here, even though its not a region or era that I'm particulary interested in.

The other highlights to me were Highclere and Greyscroft. And I was highly impressed with Ravenscliffe, especially the way it was packed away at the end in what looked like flight cases. It looks like its designed to be taken on a world tour!

I nearly gave the day a miss due to being skint and not really being able to afford the fuel to get there. It was worth it though, there are a few people that I've wanted to meet for a while and some old faces to catch up with. All in all, a good day. Thanks to Andy and his team for not only organising it but for feeding us all as well.

How did you get that conflat to do a wheelie?

Regards

Ian

Ask newfish! He was doing most of the operating.

In all fairness though, he had never seen the layout before so was a little unfamiliar with the controls and locos.

All will be "all right on the night" at Midland Railex!

Cheers!

Frank

My thanks go to Mr Dukedog for allowing my newly acquired class 22 to be the first diseasel to run on Pen-y-Bont. there is a picture of the event elsewhere in this thread.

I am surprised by the lack of photo's of Member's Day on here because there seemed to me to be someone pointing a camera at every layout I looked at. Maybe they are just shy?

Ed

You're welcome Ed.

Cheers

Frank

Archived