Members Day 2012

Andy Y

• RMweb Gold

We have all safely got back home, having spend a further night in Stafford and stopping off on the way home.

Many thanks to Andy and everyone involved with the catering. We thoroughly enjoyed the chilli and cakes, not together of course!

Having the badges was a great help, as apart from a few that I had met before, it was great to know who I was chatting with!

Too many people to mention individually, but extremely enjoyable to meet and chat, plus put a few faces to names. This is my first members day in Stafford and will be making the trip again next year. This is so much more than an exhibition.

Also, from my point of view it was good to bring Orchard Road further up the country, whereas up to now has been limited to the South West.

• RMweb Gold

I seem to remember that happening last year too..... :drag:

And guess what - when we arrived he was outside waiting to not only greet arrivals etc but also apparently 'to deal with some urgent phone calls' :)

(hmm, what it is to be a reformed 'maker of urgent phone calls' - we're always the worst when it come to those having a dig at those 'telephonic outcasts').

And you may also hear me screaming that I'd neglected to thank you and Sandy for the badges yesterday; they worked superbly well in helping communication between folk. I know quite a few folk have held on to them for future events. Excellent!

The badge was a brilliant idea.

I got most of the way home when i realised i still had the badge on, i was wondering if you wanted it back, i could post it onto whoever.

i was wondering if you wanted it back, i could post it onto whoever.

No, keep it for next time. Thie idea is that RMweb members use it at any event they think fit. We'll be doing it again (Andy's agreed) as it seems to have worked. Trying also for Taunton if CK OK's it.

• RMweb Premium

My badge has gone into storage until next needed. I like the idea that it will have a future use, and of course, it's one less to print next year....

John,

The badge idea was a real winner......an absolute must for future events in my opinion. How good it was to be able to spot the people you really wanted to say hello to, and of course those you maybe wanted to avoid (kidding).

Well done....

Bob

Just a quick note of thanks to me... the fatigue at the end of day 2 of my three day soujourn in the north is catching up. This was my first members day... and it was such a friendly atmospherewith so much to see and so many to chat too. Food... superb! Felt a bit embarressed coming over to say "bye" to Andy just after he asked if anyone could help exhibitors pack up - but I suppose another 80 miles to drive after clocking ove 200 that morning might be considered a lame excuse. Yes, the weather was kind... as it was today at the ELR too... that was also fun. A great weekend. Sorry, I only grabbed a few photos on my phone... even with my DSLR I've found that others' efforts are better than mine, but I'll pop some up when I get back home and find what I've done with my phone lead.

If you've not been to one of these before and you can somehow arrange to attend a future members day, you will not regret it... roll on next year.

Jon

Anyone got any photos of black country blues? Would be good to see how it looks completely up.

Didn't take any pix this year - but SWMBO was impressed with BCB. She's already requested that we go see it when it's finished. She's told me I'm taking her to see it when it's finished.

[EDIT above as indicated - she read it just after I posted]

I can only really echo what others have said, it was a fantastic day with fantastic people.

Andy and all his helpers did a great job, many thanks to all involved.

Its great to be able to have a chat with people without any of the usual pressures of exhibiting.

One of the best (if not the best) shows I've ever had the pleasure of attending, I can't wait for next year...

Thanks again to everyone

Mike

Anyone got any photos of black country blues? Would be good to see how it looks completely up.

Chris, I was expecting "hot" new information from the meet and some up-to-date photos! Nothing?

Yeah, I know I should have been there but it is rather more difficult from a few thousand miles away....

Best, Pete.

Sadly I wasn't really in a position to get anything in the way of photos and I don't know if anyone has. It may have been made more difficult to do so as Indomitable026 said "You've stuck us in the darkest corner"; probabaly because I was fearing the modelling equivalent of a nuclear flash from the sudden outbreak of whiteness.

The positive side is that I know ChrisMRL has been filming video content for BCB articles.

• RMweb Premium

Chris, I was expecting "hot" new information from the meet and some up-to-date photos! Nothing?

Yeah, I know I should have been there but it is rather more difficult from a few thousand miles away....

Best, Pete.

Pete, I wasn't there either. Can't quite match you for distance but I am far away hence asking for photos.

• RMweb Premium

Sadly I wasn't really in a position to get anything in the way of photos and I don't know if anyone has. It may have been made more difficult to do so as Indomitable026 said "You've stuck us in the darkest corner"; probabaly because I was fearing the modelling equivalent of a nuclear flash from the sudden outbreak of whiteness.

The positive side is that I know ChrisMRL has been filming video content for BCB articles.

Can I suggest self-cloning for next year Andy. 1 for doing the food, 1 for being captain RMweb and 1 for just enjoying the show with a beer.

Pete, I wasn't there either. Can't quite match you for distance but I am far away hence asking for photos.

Oops! Foot in Mouth Disease..................actually after not one but two positive mentions, above, I was really looking forward to seeing "Julia's Legs" :mail:

Best, Pete.

Archived