Bachmann City of Truro

Implacable

Guest 838rapid

Dont Worry Coppercap..

I will be fitting it with sound,as i have done with my prototype deltic.

I Have the James May mentallity,i just like the way they look on the plinths when they are in my cabinet.

Only difference is i will not be destroying the boxes

I have not opened the small pack of detailing parts the came with the City of Truro. (I'm not ready to do anything with it right now and it just seems best to leave well alone.) While some of the detailing parts are self-evident - like the vacuum tubes for the buffers and coal irons - they are all jumbled together and I have not identified all of them and where each would go.

There was a discussion earlier in this thread about what appears to be the tender footplate extension. I presume the two long handles would be used in conjunction with this? Would the existing handles be removed?

The illustrations only seem to address the posts for the wet-weather tarpaulin.

Would someone who has opened the detailing pack please jot down what exactly is in there and where they belong?

Thank you.

Mine arrived yesterday - amazing really as it had only been ordered on Friday, however I'm less than impressed with the running qualities of the model I have :( In reverse its as sweet as a nut, but going forwards it seems really notchy and squeals like a good un even after running it on the rolling road for an hour it still seems no better :angry: will have another look later tonight but have a feeling it may be going back :unsure:

Dave

Well could have knocked me down with a feather, I took my C of T apart today to fit the detail parts, remove the coupling pockets etc and was looking at ways of removing that 'orrible lump in the tender. Looking into the underside of the tender body I could see metal through holes and at first thought a lump of metal had been moulded within the plastic. Putting a knife in under the coal at the front and levering up gently it was possible to simply lift the lump off the top of the tender, its a tight fit between the tool boxes but it will lift out and pull off at the back, leaving a flat space to build up a load of the real stuff.

DSCN4063.jpg

DSCN4059.jpg

DSCN4061.jpg

Apologies if this has been mentioned before, hope it helps.

• Like 11

Have permission to buy one for my birthday! Can't wait. Hope they can stay in stock for another couple of weeks so I can get up to york to buy one.

I think they will, another batch arrived from the distribution centre this week. So far I have ended up buying three from York on various people's behalfs!

I have just read in Steam Railway that City of Truro is to be repainted with black frames and numbered 3717 for GWR 175 this year.

David

New livery, that'll aid model sales ;). I did check it wasn't April, CoT and anything black its always worth checking :).

It'll be nice to see it in that livery and probably a relief for whoever lined it the first time!

I have just read in Steam Railway that City of Truro is to be repainted with black frames and numbered 3717 for GWR 175 this year.

David

Yup, 'tis true. I must own up to having had that idea, and it will refresh the loco, being the only livery she can really wear with the current tender and boiler. The elaborate lined out livery as per the model has a story to it that it is an 1897 special exhibition livery that was decided to be applied for GWR 150 back in 1985 - so 3717 for GWR 175 seems strangely appropriate. Now, where did we put the numberplates?

Cheers

Anthony

• Like 1

Unlined green is more correct for the condition COT is in now although the brass beading to the splashers was reapplied in 1957, it was removed around 1914 (I will need to check my books) I would like to see her restored with black frames lined out with Great (garter) Western on the tender as no preserved loco carries this livery and could retain the brass beading.

David