The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

We need a *facepalm* button......quickly

(In reference to the amount of times that has been posted before)

Edited by 80104 Productions

Oops. Leave it with me. Someone will be getting a palm strike, not a face palm. (The sender, not you 80104) I was told by the person who sent it to me that there mate took the picture, which is why I thought it was unique and didnt check the 60 pages on this thread before hand. I can only apologise..

Oops. Leave it with me. Someone will be getting a palm strike, not a face palm. (The sender, not you 80104) I was told by the person who sent it to me that there mate took the picture, which is why I thought it was unique and didnt check the 60 pages on this thread before hand. I can only apologise..

If you can get details from your mate, or their mate (the original photographer?) that could answer the question of which country is it in?

:)

Anyone know a good Yorkshire-English to Dictionary-English translator for the sign on the left? Google didn't help.

post-6971-0-72642800-1397898632.jpg

Ah, here we go, thanks to my other half, "we cordially invite you to partake of a meal in our establishment on Saturday evening".

Might need a bigger blackboard.

• Like 5

Anyone know a good Yorkshire-English to Dictionary-English translator for the sign on the left? Google didn't help.

Ah, here we go, thanks to my other half, "we cordially invite you to partake of a meal in our establishment on Saturday evening".

Might need a bigger blackboard.

If tha wants ter 'ear Yorkshir spokken reight, 'ave a lissen ter this -

• Like 2

If tha wants ter 'ear Yorkshir spokken reight, 'ave a lissen ter this -

Depends on which bit of Yorksher: ovver East, the animal a bit like a frog is a terd, and sometimes they get squashed on the rerd. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

A story did the rounds at Uni when we were out on Teaching practice. One student was sent to a school in Yorkshire (I don't know what he'd done wrong) and asked a young lad to bring the rubber from a tin at the front of the class.

The lad returned empty handed saying "Tin tin tin".

Depends on which bit of Yorksher: ovver East, the animal a bit like a frog is a terd, and sometimes they get squashed on the rerd. 

Sounds like Roy, from one of the more well-to-do parts of Newcastle upon Tyne, one of my drinking pals at university. However, not only do people from different areas of the country pronounce words differently, they hear them differently. So when Roy wanted a helping of his favourite dish in the refectory, Steve from Brighton was tickled to hear him ask for “turd in the hole”...