Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

Wasnt sure whether to put this in bargain hunters or the smile thread!

Just got this from a charity shop in banbury, lurking at the back of the shelf for £2 but worth a fair bit more

An original 1981 rubiks cube, complete with box and instructions2A32EFA9-8BB5-4F3C-82B5-7C487DF6A3CC.jpg

Dunno if i'll still be smiling later when i throw it against a wall in frustration

Dunno how you got away with that one. Charity shops are usually *very* clued-up about the values of things nowadays.

• RMweb Premium

An original 1981 rubiks cube, complete with box and instructions

Dunno if i'll still be smiling later when i throw it against a wall in frustration

Was it aligned correctly, or jumbled in frustration?

• RMweb Gold

The box has been scribbled on; that knocks it right down.

Pete

its only pencil, it will rub out!!

i actually got it for my little un, a bit of a james may moment, its meant to be played with, to be honest a couple of the coloured stickers have been peeled a little bit so its only worth a tenner at the most, if i were to sell anything i'd sell the box and instructions alone

horsetan, it was from a independent local shop rather than a chain, a few years back in the same shop a fellow chiltern driver picked up some drinking glasses for 10p that he sold on for about £30 as he knew what he was looking at on the shelf, similarly my wife picked up some versace shoes for £1 from a different independent shop, the old dear behind the counter tried to drop them to 50p as they needed re-heeling but my wife insisted on paying the whole £1

Edited by big jim
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

1 :-  in reality, it wouldn't be that clean.

2:-   The model daren't show his face

3:-   He's far too young

4:- he hasn't ate enough pies

Also must be available in XXXL and XXXXL.

• RMweb Premium

1 :-  in reality, it wouldn't be that clean.

2:-   The model daren't show his face

3:-   He's far too young

4:- he hasn't ate enough pies

And he shaves....

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Gold

Titcombe Way Kintbury

Part of the first word is in the crossing name!

The official name is claydon crossing, the name everyone knows it as is "big tits crossing" apparently thats the daughter in the pic who has taken Over the mantle from her simarly endowed mum who also used to stand there and wave at the trains!!

• RMweb Gold

Pou is a game on the iphone, android etc in a similar vain to the old tamagochi "virtual pets" that you have to care for and feed and i always find it amusing when my wife says "im just going to check on my pou" or "oh no my pou isnt very well"

• RMweb Gold

Our little uns had a fancy dress day in school today, the theme being shakespere characters

They went as mr tumnus and a woodland fairy from a midsummers night dream

291F8A6A-8174-486D-8739-6B9546B5EA34.jpg

Although i dont remember him having furry ugg boots with pom poms on!!

• Like 6

Some ramblings from a retired mind!

I was thinking about how a status symbol of today is those cell phones that everyone has clipped onto their belt or purse. I can't afford one. So, I'm wearing my garage door opener.

I also made a cover for my hearing aid and now I have what they call blue teeth, I think.

You know, I spent a fortune on deodorant before I realized that people don't like me anyway.

I was thinking that women should put pictures of missing husbands on beer bottles.

I was thinking about old age and decided that old age is 'when you still have something on the ball, but you're just too tired to bounce it.'

I thought about making a fitness movie for folks my age, and call it 'Pumping Rust'.

I've gotten that dreaded furniture disease. That's when your chest is falling into your drawers!

When people see a cat's litter box, they always say, 'Oh, have you got a cat?' Just once I want to say, 'No, it's for visitors!'

Employment application forms always ask who is to be notified in case of an emergency? I think you should write, 'A Good Doctor'!

I was thinking about how people seem to read the Bible a whole lot more as they get older. Then, it dawned on me. They were cramming for their finals..

Gentle Thoughts for Today -

Birds of a feather flock together . . . .and then on your car.

A penny saved is a government oversight.

The older you get, the tougher it is to lose weight, because by then your body and your fat have gotten to be really good friends.

The easiest way to find something lost around the house is to buy a replacement.

He who hesitates is probably right.

Did you ever notice: The Roman Numerals for forty (40) are XL.

If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

The sole purpose of a child's middle name is so he can tell when he's really in trouble.

Aging: Eventually you will reach a point when you stop lying about your age and start bragging about it.

Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me, I want people to know why I look this way. I've travelled a long way and some of the roads weren't sealed.

When you're dissatisfied and would like to go back to your youth, think of Algebra.

You know you're getting old when everything either dries up or leaks.

One of the many things no one tells you about aging is that it is such a nice change from being young. Ah, being young is beautiful, but being old is comfortable.

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth . . ..
... . . . AMEN

• Like 7