The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

The people of  St Kilda and many of the Outer hebridies islands used to eat gulls, and some of those areas (especially St Kilda) were exempt from the ban on catching seagulls which came in,  IIRC 1868. Seabird  catching and eating had been common throughout Britains coastal communities. When you've nothing else to eat you had no choice....

Gulls, er yeah, ok, if you like fish 'n' cream flavour.

Just don't forget the ol' Pigeon pie. http://www.reallynicerecipes.com/recipe/game/pigeon-pie

Pigeons have more taste. I.e., They're more civilised.

Then, there's four and twenty Blackbirds and, if you're really pushed, Rabbit pie.

No need to go hungry, is there, really ?

Edited by Ceptic

• RMweb Premium

Rabbit's fine as long as you have other foods with it, veggies mainly. According to QI, nothing but rabbit leaves you dead of mineral and vitamin leaching :O

• RMweb Gold

It seems that North Devon couldn't wait until after the referendum to leave Europe! Handy for collecting your millions from friendly Nigerians though.

attachicon.gifCapture05.JPG

It is funny, but that location is actually 0 latitude, 0 longitude - someone just forgot to put in a postcode or coordinates...

It is funny, but that location is actually 0 latitude, 0 longitude - someone just forgot to put in a postcode or coordinates...

But bizarrely it seems to know where the nearest station is... which I would have assumed it also calculated from the postcode as it usually stated as a crow flies distance.

• RMweb Premium

...I don't get it.

Could someone oblige me?

Kev.

Thunderbirdbolt and lightning? Think Queen and Bohemian Rhapsody.

Edited by Ian J.

• RMweb Gold

Thanks chaps, and sorry for being so dim.

I was too busy playing "spot the difference", with the two front planes (cut n paste), whilst humming the Queen hit!!!!

Kev.

(I also thought they were Mustangs - Doh!)

• RMweb Gold

..anyway a "Lightning", (to me), is an RAF English Electric interceptor / fighter that - whilst not actually faster than lightning - was certainly faster than thunder!

Kev.

(possibly even faster than that mouse I tried to catch once!)

• RMweb Premium

..anyway a "Lightning", (to me), is an RAF English Electric interceptor / fighter that - whilst not actually faster than lightning - was certainly faster than thunder!

and if tipped on it's end, it could (in theory) take off vertically (although I wouldn't want to light a fag off the #######'s exhaust!)