The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

• RMweb Premium
Working classes now eating Viennetta 

vienn.jpg

WORKING class families are now eating Viennetta for dessert, it has been revealed.

In further evidence of societal breakdown, researchers found that more working class people are eating the once ‘posh’ ice cream despite fears of it making them look ‘slightly middle class’.

Norman Steele, from Bolton, said: “I love a bit of Viennetta after my pie barm dinner. I love it so much I’m even thinking about putting it in a barm at some point.

“It’s just a shame it doesn’t go with gravy.”

Mary Fisher, from Burnley, added: “We recently won some money on the lottery, so Viennetta has become a big part of our life.

“I stick a slab of it in my lunch-box each morning, along with some oysters and a flask full of that expensive Indonesian coffee that the mongooses ###### out.

“It’s probably what Beyonce’s lunch-box looks like.”

Edited by Tim Dubya

Swans to Replace Trident

swan4252.jpg

AGGRESSIVE swans are to replace Britain’s nuclear arsenal.

The swans will fly under radar before landing in enemy territory, pecking troops and frightening civilians away by waggling their heads and looking crazy.

An MOD spokesman said, “A large flock of a thousand birds also produces a huge amount of slimy green ###### that smells like rotten fish, making any city they land in uninhabitable for a thousand years.

“Nuclear weapons are extremely expensive to operate and maintain whereas with swans you just need a few bags of stale Wonderloaf and some pond weed.

“Swans thrive on violence and have a strong sense of patriotism due to being owned by the Queen. The hard part is getting them to go in the right direction.”

Please bear in mind that Swans, not only if they chose to land and nest in the UK, but also elsewhere, will have, and will continue to receive the full protection of any, future, reigning UK Monarch.

Thereby, any person choosing to harm such wonderful creatures will be deemed a Traitor and / or Enemy of the State. 

Be warned, Vladimir P.

• Like 2

YOU da Ke tools... a £5.99 set of pliers and cutters from the Chinese....top quality 5pcs Min pliers set.....

with

Warning

it may possibly cause death when it is used incorrectly

Super Pliers Set

Stephen.

• Like 2

YOU da Ke tools... a £5.99 set of pliers and cutters from the Chinese....top quality 5pcs Min pliers set.....

with

Warning

it may possibly cause death when it is used incorrectly

Super Pliers Set

Stephen.

So far no attacks from the pliers, no threats from the cutters, no death threat immanent...............

That reminds me, sometimes four year olds have a wonderful way of expressing themselves. After a busy day culminating in a long car journey, I opened the car door for my daughter when we arrived home. She took one look at me and in a quiet tired voice said "legs batteries flat!" Which probably summed it up better than saying it any other way!

• Like 10

Please bear in mind that Swans, not only if they chose to land and nest in the UK, but also elsewhere, will have, and will continue to receive the full protection of any, future, reigning UK Monarch.

Thereby, any person choosing to harm such wonderful creatures will be deemed a Traitor and / or Enemy of the State. 

Be warned, Vladimir P.

Except, apparently, in Orkney:

One interesting anomaly is the Mute Swan. About 1910 a Kirkwall lawyer was determined to prove that Udal Law still had force, and accompanied by his friend, the Procurator Fiscal, went out to Harray Loch and shot a swan. The case went to the High Court and the Crown lost. Everywhere else in UK the Crown owned the Swans - in Orkney they were, and still are, the property of the people as the Norwegian Crown never claimed such ownership. Nowadays we do not shoot swans, but the principles of the old Norse Udal Law still stand.

http://www.charles-tait.co.uk/guide/orkguide/pages/udal_law.html

Jeremy

Edited by JeremyC

Except, apparently, in Orkney:

One interesting anomaly is the Mute Swan. About 1910 a Kirkwall lawyer was determined to prove that Udal Law still had force, and accompanied by his friend, the Procurator Fiscal, went out to Harray Loch and shot a swan. The case went to the High Court and the Crown lost. Everywhere else in UK the Crown owned the Swans - in Orkney they were, and still are, the property of the people as the Norwegian Crown never claimed such ownership. Nowadays we do not shoot swans, but the principles of the old Norse Udal Law still stand.

http://www.charles-tait.co.uk/guide/orkguide/pages/udal_law.html

Jeremy

So, the ol' Mute Swan had no say in the matter.

Damn Vikings.