RMweb

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

Google the location given + statue and you will be only a little the wiser - he's called The Seated Man - sculpted by Sean Henry and commissioned by a Carphone Warehouse magnate. He's only supposed to be there for five years, but as he is made of bronze and in a very isolated spot, I would give him a few months before metal thieves get him.

A couple of years ago, here in WA, a sculpture was stolen from a major outdoor exhibition. It was described by the artist as "bronze" which was the presumed motivation for the theft.

A couple of days later the statue was recovered and we were treated to the sight, on the TV news, of a not particularly large police officer casually carrying said life-size "bronze" figure under one arm. Then the camera angle changed and we saw the broken edges where the figure had been snapped off at the ankles. Call me an ignorant philistine, but it looked an awful lot like cheap, easy to cast aluminium to me.

I still wonder who was more disappointed; the metal fairies for nicking something near worthless for weigh-in, or the artist when their use of cheap substitute material became public.

• RMweb Gold

Went to a restaurant in Blackpool yesterday that does a ‘chicken wing challenge’ where you have to eat 8 mega hot wings in 8 minutes and have no drink for 10 mins afterwards, all to win a hat!!

anyway I didn’t do it but my eldest had a go having already decided last time we were there to give it a go, he had to sign a disclaimer before starting too!!

2A081650-0184-48C2-848A-EC72AC6F20BC.jpg

I wouldn’t say it was hot but some of the sauce splashed on my hand which i licked off and just that burned my mouth but fair do’s to him he started eating them and despite running eyes and a lot of runny snot he managed to eat the lot and win his hat!!

7FCA7B17-5111-400F-BA93-C0A2395712D6.jpg

After the 10 mins no drink rule he then downed 2 pints of milk!!

Apparently no one has ever finished the challenge before today, so he’s now the first picture on the wall of fame!

• Like 14

• RMweb Gold

Hopefully your sewage system can cope with the fallout!

He’s been fine, steel lined stomach it would seem

The chef said that they get stag parties in and most can’t manage more than 2 or 3, even he was watching from the kitchen with amazement!

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Went to a restaurant in Blackpool yesterday that does a ‘chicken wing challenge’ where you have to eat 8 mega hot wings in 8 minutes and have no drink for 10 mins afterwards, all to win a hat!!

anyway I didn’t do it but my eldest had a go having already decided last time we were there to give it a go, he had to sign a disclaimer before starting too!!

2A081650-0184-48C2-848A-EC72AC6F20BC.jpg

I wouldn’t say it was hot but some of the sauce splashed on my hand which i licked off and just that burned my mouth but fair do’s to him he started eating them and despite running eyes and a lot of runny snot he managed to eat the lot and win his hat!!

7FCA7B17-5111-400F-BA93-C0A2395712D6.jpg

After the 10 mins no drink rule he then downed 2 pints of milk!!

Apparently no one has ever finished the challenge before today, so he’s now the first picture on the wall of fame!

Something looks wrong with that milk!

Also your son doesn't look too good.

• RMweb Premium

He’s been fine, steel lined stomach it would seem

The chef said that they get stag parties in and most can’t manage more than 2 or 3, even he was watching from the kitchen with amazement!

That's probably due to the liquid previously consumed!