RMweb

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

I'm not sure that they'll be partying naked in Edinburgh tonight - current temperature is around -1!

G'day Folks

Can do, here in South Australia, going to be 35 c today, but you'd probably get sunburn.........

manna

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

We can laugh at this now.

We arranged for our bathroom to be rebuilt during December. To make it easier for the builder and cheaper for us, we arranged to go away for the week the work was done. In practice the job took three weeks. First the builder lifted the old lino, ‘oh dear, your floorboards are rotten. No problem, I can replace them.’ So the floorboards are taken up ‘oh dear, your joists are rotten, no problem I can fix them.’

The job is finished now and it looks good. But if we hadn’t got the bathroom replaced now, one day soon somebody would have sat down on the loo and due to the rotten joists fallen straight through the floor!

• RMweb Premium

We can laugh at this now.

We arranged for our bathroom to be rebuilt during December. To make it easier for the builder and cheaper for us, we arranged to go away for the week the work was done. In practice the job took three weeks. First the builder lifted the old lino, ‘oh dear, your floorboards are rotten. No problem, I can replace them.’ So the floorboards are taken up ‘oh dear, your joists are rotten, no problem I can fix them.’

The job is finished now and it looks good. But if we hadn’t got the bathroom replaced now, one day soon somebody would have sat down on the loo and due to the rotten joists fallen straight through the floor!

I think I can beat that one.

When I moved into the Manor House, there was a minor leak on the cistern (which only leaked when flushing).  Clearly this had been the state of affairs for several years.

When the time came to sort out the bathroom, we discovered that not only was there a leak, but (not surprisingly) it had damaged the floor board beneath it.  And it seems that at some point, someone had removed the bit of joist under that.  The guess was that it had been done when the suite was replaced very many years early (when was avocado the must have colour ?).

Adrian

• Like 1

At the dentist where I go. I'm glad I'm not the one who has to pay for it's replacement when it goes wrong.

attachicon.gifIMG_0111.JPG

attachicon.gifBrexit means bringing everything back from the EU.jpg

What do you mean 'Civil servants don't have garages and cellars full of useful bits like this'?

Modern apprenticeship ???

I would have been sacked on the spot for that sort of quality of work, especially the bottom one !!!