Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

On 08/09/2019 at 04:12, Metr0Land said:

It seems you can't have email these days without getting click bait attached to it.  I'm blessed with the BT/Yahoo version......

I was tempted to click on this but then realised I'd already turned my computer on.  When I turned it off I couldn't fathom out how to click on it.

rev click bait.jpg

Something that made me :) was somebody thinking duffs are pretty...

14 hours ago, Ozexpatriate said:

Would you object if it said "Standing water on road during rain". That is probably the situation where a sign like that is used.

You wouldn't want to hit even 4" of water doing more than say 45 mph.

I live by the rain forest and know what happens when it rains. It still a poorly worded sign if it's meant for surface water. Flood or standing water when raining would be more descriptive.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Ryde-on-time said:

In Siem Reap last month. Don’t think all the options on this menu were entirely appropriate?

16002DDC-3C8B-484B-B2FF-763883D0250F.jpeg.45cffa76a473ce5a6ee6b66165dbf939.jpeg

As I wonder what 'stir fried Morning Glory with oil' is... and decide it's not something I'll google whilst at work...

• Agree 6
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Ryde-on-time said:

In Siem Reap last month. Don’t think all the options on this menu were entirely appropriate?

16002DDC-3C8B-484B-B2FF-763883D0250F.jpeg.45cffa76a473ce5a6ee6b66165dbf939.jpeg

There used to be a Greek restaurant in Birmingham where all the vegetarian dishes contained some sort of fish/shellfish!

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, 21C1 said:

Morning glory - Ipomoea aquatica also known as Water Spinach. :)

Well, that has inspired my cooking for today. Even if I don't have water spinach, some fresh large prawns,  padron peppers, chopped celery leaf and inner stalk, asparagus, runner beans (finely shredded), shallots, grated ginger, chillies and shrimp paste in a light soy sauce and served on a bed of steamed rice noodles will satisfy my cravings (I hope). Meanwhile SWMBO will have a piece of lemon sole, salad potatoes and runner beans (although she doesn't know that yet).