The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

• RMweb Premium

Could be worse.

We had a delivery from another well known worldwide courier of 55 boxes.

Their tracking showed Cologne/Somewhere in Belgium/Stansted/Somewhere in Belgium - we contacted them at this point/stayed at Stansted.

Then 46 boxes arrived with ustwo days later. The other 9 went back to Cologne via Belgium.

Then 8 arrive, the other one has been delivered to a company in East London.......

The first we know about this is when said company rings us up and asks if we are missing a package.

Courier tracking shows it as "location unknown"...........

It is now being delivered to us by someone other than the original courier

Something similar happened with a consignment last year - one parcel ended up at a.n.other East London location - and was recollected by the courier. Then it eventually disappeared into the ether somewhere in one of their depots. never to be seen again.

It seems like Stansted is the weak link.

Needless to say, our logistics man has given courier company rep an earbashing. (Very strong words were used)

• Friendly/supportive 3

3 hours ago, newbryford said:

Could be worse.

We had a delivery from another well known worldwide courier of 55 boxes.

Their tracking showed Cologne/Somewhere in Belgium/Stansted/Somewhere in Belgium - we contacted them at this point/stayed at Stansted.

Then 46 boxes arrived with ustwo days later. The other 9 went back to Cologne via Belgium.

Then 8 arrive, the other one has been delivered to a company in East London.......

The first we know about this is when said company rings us up and asks if we are missing a package.

Courier tracking shows it as "location unknown"...........

It is now being delivered to us by someone other than the original courier

Something similar happened with a consignment last year - one parcel ended up at a.n.other East London location - and was recollected by the courier. Then it eventually disappeared into the ether somewhere in one of their depots. never to be seen again.

It seems like Stansted is the weak link.

Needless to say, our logistics man has given courier company rep an earbashing. (Very strong words were used)

I had a similar experience with much smaller packages. I had 2 sets of documents express couriered from Perth to Brisbane (roughly the same distance as Tel Aviv to London) from the same sender. Both were picked by the same courier a couple of hours apart on the same afternoon. The second one to be collected was at the airport within 3 hours and hand delivered to me just after 10am the next day. The other one sat in their warehouse for the next 4 days, then moved 10km to the airport and sat there for another 5 days. then went to Melbourne, then went to Sydney, then went back to Perth and returned to the sender. Like your example, some strong language was used.

Cheers

David

• Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, DavidB-AU said:

I had a similar experience with much smaller packages. I had 2 sets of documents express couriered from Perth to Brisbane (roughly the same distance as Tel Aviv to London) from the same sender. Both were picked by the same courier a couple of hours apart on the same afternoon. The second one to be collected was at the airport within 3 hours and hand delivered to me just after 10am the next day. The other one sat in their warehouse for the next 4 days, then moved 10km to the airport and sat there for another 5 days. then went to Melbourne, then went to Sydney, then went back to Perth and returned to the sender. Like your example, some strong language was used.

Cheers

David

Perhaps it went via Melbourne in Florida?

• Funny 1

16 hours ago, DavidB-AU said:

Cheers

David

You were lucky it went back to Perth, Australia and not Perth , Scotland!

• Agree 2

58 minutes ago, Phil Howe said:

An oldie, but a goodie. 

FB_IMG_1579778497810.jpg

Fine I can take a hint, I will go and fit those 12 point motors I have been putting off because I have fixed the baseboard down (yeah yeah I know) and have to work upside down!

Edited by royaloak
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1